Consolidating music-archives with SyncDirs

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

HalbschuhTouri

Re: Consolidating music-archives with SyncDirs

Post by *HalbschuhTouri »

petermad wrote: 2023-06-07, 07:41 UTC Remember that you can still see those suggested folders in TC's main panel in the Feed to Listbox view.
Well, not exactly I'm afraid. Since 1. this folder-selection-dialog comes as a pop-up and therefore has to be closed first before one can again navigate through the Listbox-view and 2., even more fundamental, in the main Listbox-view the user is bound to that file-by-file-representation - very useful in some situations but not so much in others. In this particular case of thousands of files to consolidate the Listbox-view will only show a tiny fraction of duplicate files at a time, mandatorily grouped one by one, while at the same time completely lacking the folder-wise-overview the SyncDirs dialog would have to offer.
petermad wrote: 2023-06-07, 07:41 UTC I see. Maybe it is time for you with a little house cleaning, moving all those archives together in a common folder ;-)
And guess what - exactly that has been the intention of this whole operation in the first place! And then the feasibility of that very operation within TC started becoming trickier and trickier and...
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Consolidating music-archives with SyncDirs

Post by *petermad »

this folder-selection-dialog comes as a pop-up and therefore has to be closed first before one can again navigate through the Listbox-view and
I just checked - and that dialog is really blocking for srolling. Usually I can scroll windows that are not in the front by either the help of the KatMouse tool in Windows 7, or in Windows 10 by enabling "Settings" -> "Devices" -> "Mouse" -> "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them", but not when TC has a dialog open.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar