[TC 11.00b8] Cancelling "Define colors by type"

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

[TC 11.00b8] Cancelling "Define colors by type"

Post by *wanderer »

Settings / Color / Define colors by type. In there, change something (i.e. edit an entry and change the color). Pressing OK in the "Define colors by type" dialog, saves and applies the changes. If then in the Configuration dialog, Cancel is pressed, changes are not reverted, they stay applied.

This has been working like that for ages, it's not an 11b8 thing. IMO, it would be more logical to apply or cancel the changes when OK was pressed in the Configuration dialog and not in the Colors one.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [TC 11.00b8] Cancelling "Define colors by type"

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

"Define colors by file type" is its own configuration dialog, which saves separately. The same happens when you save e.g. new custom columns, or when you use "Configure internal viewer" or "Associations" on the Edit/View page.

It's different from a simple "picker" dialog like on the Font or Color pages, where you pick a single item and don't configure multiple things together.

Therefore I prefer to keep it as it is now.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [TC 11.00b8] Cancelling "Define colors by type"

Post by *wanderer »

OK, i understand. Thanks for the explanation.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.