[TC 11.00b8 Dark mode] Multi-Rename Tool borders don't look right

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

white
Power Member
Power Member

[TC 11.00b8 Dark mode] Multi-Rename Tool borders don't look right

Post by *white »

Can something be done about the borders of the Multi-Rename Tool in dark mode? Screenshot
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [TC 11.00b8 Dark mode] Multi-Rename Tool borders don't look right

Post by *AntonyD »

On my screenshot: https://ibb.co/TRqdpmS
All is look rather smooth and correctly. Isn't it?

P.S.
It seems that the fact of rounded form borders can create a problem. You seem to have it that way.
But then of course - any rectangular selection will look clipped. So do you. IMHO - un-fixable case.
#146217 personal license
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

I mostly bothered by the right side of the Location header and by the bright color at the bottom.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2white
In fact, everything is quite correct and logical, if you look at the window, which has strictly rectangular forms/borders.
At the bottom, the prominent white stripe is just the real 3D border of the 'Window' type object (there are two of them in this dialog, the second
the same one is located directly above the listbox with selected files and contains all the visible controls located there)
If this border is drawn exactly - as on my screen - then everything is quite predictably and clearly displayed. And in theory, it's even nice that the buttons below are located, as it were, in a specially limited-selected area.
But if you draw rounded outer edges of the dialog... then yes = then this concept looks ugly.

https://ibb.co/fNLqwqF
As for "the right side of the Location header"...
In the picture above, I specially cut out ONLY only the area with these headers so that you see only it and evaluate only its essence and concept.
So - this area with the HEADERS of the LISTVIEW object, which is located strictly below it. But we know what this area usually looks like in a standard control, right? And what functions does it perform? Each column/header can be shrunk/enlarged with the mouse. And if this last column is reduced, then you will see picture similar to that: https://ibb.co/mJwHyxb
In the same way, you can change the column header's width even OUTSIDE the dialog with the mouse, increasing its!
BUT what definitely cannot be done is - NOT to draw this border - the border of the header itself. We must always see both the right and left sides of it. And because If we have a dark theme, then its borders become white thin vert.lines. And once again we look at the first my pic. of this area above - and we see that each header has clear borders that you can grab with the mouse and resize it - and these borders are drawn with white vertical lines. Therefore, IMHO - wanting NOT to see this white line at the very right border of the dialog - is a bit illogical. How else can you then grab that border of the header to make it bigger?

Therefore, the only problem here, IMHO, is that the hidden non-working area AFTER the last header (Location) is drawn all in white, as shown in my second picture. This is what should be corrected in upcoming beta9.
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, I don't think that this can be fixed. It would be difficult to make these borders round with the same radius as used by Windows for the window borders.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

My issue is not with the round borders.
My issue is with the right side of the Location header, screenshot. This doesn't look good.
And my issue is with the bright color of the "shadow" at the bottom. It seems inconsistent with the dark theme used by TC anywhere else.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2ghisler(Author)
Problem not in rounded corners - but in the hidden non-working area AFTER the last header (Location), which is drawn all in white as shown in my picture below. This is what should be corrected in upcoming beta9.
Each column/header can be shrunk/enlarged with the mouse. And if you will this last column reduce by mouse (Grab its right border {vert. gray line, to which on the above screenshot white and puts attention} and drag with the mouse a little to the left), then you will see picture similar to that: https://ibb.co/mJwHyxb
Can you confirm it?
#146217 personal license
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

AntonyD wrote: 2023-06-23, 14:34 UTC Can you confirm it?
Yes, for 64-bit. 32-bit doesn't work that way.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2white
Right. And by the way - this is the incorrect behavior of the column header. It must be active to resize. And now, in 32-bit TOTAL, its right side seems to be glued to the right side of the entire dialog. And as a result, with the mouse, you can only drag the ENTIRE right-most border of the dialog in a whole, and not just resize this last column 'Location', as it should be when trying to grab the indicated gray vertical line in your enlarged screenshot.
In other words, the mechanism that works in 64-bit Total should work here too. It just needs to paint a little :)
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

My issue is not with the round borders.
My issue is with the right side of the Location header, screenshot. This doesn't look good.
That's just the right border of the column headers. It also has one on the left side. I'm sorry but I'm not going to change that. It would mess up the headers in the main window too.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2ghisler(Author)
And what about MY view on a nature of the bug?
#146217 personal license
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-06-25, 08:00 UTC That's just the right border of the column headers. It also has one on the left side.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. On the opposite border there is no such thing. By the way, I'm not suggesting to remove the separator, but to make the header bar a little smaller so the separator moves 1 pixel to the left.

2ghisler(Author)
And did you notice the bug mentioned by AntonyD:
AntonyD wrote: 2023-06-23, 14:34 UTC Problem not in rounded corners - but in the hidden non-working area AFTER the last header (Location), which is drawn all in white as shown in my picture below. This is what should be corrected in upcoming beta9.
Each column/header can be shrunk/enlarged with the mouse. And if you will this last column reduce by mouse (Grab its right border {vert. gray line, to which on the above screenshot white and puts attention} and drag with the mouse a little to the left), then you will see picture similar to that: https://ibb.co/mJwHyxb
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not sure what you mean by that. On the opposite border there is no such thing.
In TC 32-bit, there is a border on the left and right.
In TC 64-bit, there is none, neither on left and right.
And honestly, who cares. That's just trying to find bugs just to find bugs.
I could not reproduce any white area behind the tabs, no.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2ghisler(Author)
But my description was not mentioned ONLY the white area! I was talking also and about inconsistency
between TC 32/64 bit and support of the moving of the right-most headers' border. which (ALSO) lead to the problem with white area.
Please re-read my description and explanations what is wrong here again:
"this is the incorrect behavior of the column header. It must be active to resize. And now, in 32-bit TOTAL, its right side seems to be glued to the right side of the entire dialog. And as a result, with the mouse, you can only drag the ENTIRE right-most border of the dialog in a whole, and not just resize this last column 'Location', as it should be when trying to grab the indicated gray vertical line in your enlarged screenshot.
In other words, the mechanism that works in 64-bit Total should work here too. It just needs to paint a little".
#146217 personal license
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-06-25, 14:44 UTC In TC 32-bit, there is a border on the left and right.
In TC 64-bit, there is none, neither on left and right.
And honestly, who cares. That's just trying to find bugs just to find bugs.
I was using the 64-bit version and it didn't look right to me. That's the reason, you can't speak for me.
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-06-25, 14:44 UTC
That's weird. It's easy to reproduce. Tested using Windows 11 and Windows 10, using TC 64-bit in dark mode. Screenshot
At least I can drag the separator out of view so it looks all right :)

2AntonyD
In my opinion the behavior of 32-bit TC makes more sense to me.