Background copy/move window displayed once at wrong place before final docking position

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

PascalT

Background copy/move window displayed once at wrong place before final docking position

Post by *PascalT »

TC11 RC1

Windows XP SP3 32bit
Intel Core2 duo

A cosmetic glitch I've been living with (not that painful...) in Total Commander since a long time and not proper to TC 11 :
When sending to background a copy or move window, the smaller window is very often displayed once and very shortly at a default position above and left to the total Commander window before being displayed at his normal docking position at the top of the screen.
Maybe this is on purpose, or not...
It seems the small window is displayed before being moved to its final position. It may be invisible on a faster CPU.
If it matters my Windows is configured with all animation effects off and the content of windows is not displayed while moving them.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Background copy/move window displayed once at wrong place before final docking position

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I couldn't see it happening on screen, only when single stepping the dialog creation in a debugger. The reason is that the dialog template has the "visible" flag set, so it's displayed immediately before the position can be set. I will fix it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
PascalT

Re: Background copy/move window displayed once at wrong place before final docking position

Post by *PascalT »

I forgot to tell you that there is the same glitch when sending to background the unpacking window and maybe any other window, if there are, that may dock to the top of the screen.
But maybe docking is achieved through a unique treatment for all windows.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It's the same dialog box template. Do you also see it when opening a background transfer manager via Commands menu?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
PascalT

Post by *PascalT »

Yes opening the "Background Transfer Manager..." window from "Commands" in the main menu has the same glitch.
PascalT

Post by *PascalT »

Just to say that for me everything concerning this glitch is fixed in RC2 :D :D
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Moderator message from: white » 2023-07-20, 15:50 UTC

Moved to Fixed bugs.