TC1by1 - Lister plugin: problem in QuickView mode

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Gral
Power Member
Power Member

TC1by1 - Lister plugin: problem in QuickView mode

Post by *Gral »

http://totalcmd.net/plugring/TC1by1.html

Buttons don't work in QuickView mode.
Also - can't select track by mouse in QuickView.
AkulaBig

Re: TC1by1 - Lister plugin

Post by *AkulaBig »

Hello. I am the author of the plugin. In QuickView mode, access to player controls is disabled.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC1by1 - Lister plugin: problem in QuickView mode

Post by *petermad »

2AkulaBig

On totalcmd.net a "player 1by1" is mentioned - is that a program that needs to be installed for the plugin to work?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

I think this requires one of two options - a player in the plugin subfolder or a path to the player added to the INI file.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I have now downloaded the plugin - it comes with a subfolder with a 1by1.exe - I guess that is the player.

EDIT:

The plugin is rather a launcher for 1by1.exe - Pressing F3 does not open a Lister Window, but the 1by1 window, hence you cannot switch plugin in Lister mode.

In QuickView mode the program is showed in the file panel and here i can switch plugin by pressing 4 (after having clicked on the File panel header).

None of the player control works in QuickView mode.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

petermad wrote: 2023-11-17, 18:55 UTC 2AkulaBig
is that a program that needs to be installed for the plugin to work?
You don't need to download anything. The 1by1 player is included in the plugin package. Also, the plugin is not guaranteed to work if you decide to change the player settings.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Gral wrote: 2023-11-17, 19:16 UTC path to the player added to the INI file.
There is no need to register any paths to the player. It must be located in the place provided by the plugin. Read the readme, it describes what the ini file is for.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

petermad wrote: 2023-11-17, 19:26 UTC None of the player control works in QuickView mode.
As I wrote above, player control in Ctrl+Q mode is disabled. You must use standard TC tools, up and down keys.
macleod

Post by *macleod »

The latest version 1.3 for me by clicking F3 opens 1by1.exe, not the lister window. I have not linked the exe file for extensions, just set the lister plugin.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

macleod wrote: 2024-04-01, 20:12 UTC The latest version 1.3 for me by clicking F3 opens 1by1.exe, not the lister window. I have not linked the exe file for extensions, just set the lister plugin.
That's how it should be. The F3 Lister window is hidden because it is completely unnecessary there.
macleod

Post by *macleod »

While the lister window is present, you can switch by pressing "4" (or selecting from the menu) between different viewer plugins for the same file format. That's how it should be.
To view the file directly in an application you can connect this application as an external viewer and don't need to have lister plugin for it. In this case is the plugin completely unnecessary and used just for quickview.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

macleod wrote: 2024-04-02, 04:29 UTC While the lister window is present, you can switch by pressing "4" (or selecting from the menu) between different viewer plugins for the same file format. That's how it should be.
What other plugins are you going to switch to when viewing MIDI files and track music? They don't exist.
macleod wrote: 2024-04-02, 04:29 UTC To view the file directly in an application you can connect this application as an external viewer and don't need to have lister plugin for it. In this case is the plugin completely unnecessary.
1by1 displays all information in the header and if it is disabled, the information will not be available. And holding two headings on the screen using F3 is ugly.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

AkulaBig wrote: 2024-04-02, 06:46 UTCThey don't exist.
  1. TotalAmp has bass_midi.dll but for some reason the plugin doesn't play sound, although the slider on the trackbar is moving. But even if you exclude another plugin, the user doesn't expect such behavior. This is especially true cm_ListInternalOnly followed by press 4, when two buttons appear on the taskbar with no window for the first one.
  2. Related problem: if I'm using tlister and I have at least one file open, pressing F3 creates a new tab, but instead of filling in the field under the tab, the program window is separated.
  3. For some reason, the settings caused by the button from the quick view window are not saved. I have to open it for this 1b1.exe separately.
  4. Experimenting with F3 and Ctrl+Q, once after calling the plugin from the right panel, I encountered a situation where the settings fell off to default. I had to do it all over again. I can't repeat it yet.
  5. My Lister opens in expanded form ([Lister] > Maximized=1). If I press F3, the 1by1 window always fills the place where the quick view could be in the right panel, regardless of the previous location.
  6. For 1by1, when selecting other fonts, there is a problem with the sort arrow symbol in the tabstops, a square is displayed. Did the author try to fix it with a separate rendering?
  7. The program window can take quite a long time to draw, for several seconds. Is it possible not to reopen the program when navigating in the original panel or pressing n/p, but to switch the focus to the desired file in the playlist?
  8. When you press n/p, the target panel transfers focus to the source one (without setting the cursor), although the n/p keys are still working.
  9. What is required for bassasio.dll to affect the audio start speed of the files in the playlist, as requested here? When I place it in 1by1\, I don't feel any changes.
  10. I noticed that some libraries in the 1by1 folder are outdated. Don't you want to upgrade?
Overquoting is evil! 👎
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Fla$her wrote: 2024-04-02, 12:57 UTC [*]I noticed that some libraries in the 1by1 folder are outdated. Don't you want to upgrade?[/list]
No. Library versions cannot be changed. With other versions 1by1 will be buggy.

I cannot fulfill your wishes. 1by1 was written using non-standard programming methods and there is no way to change its functionality using a plugin.
Questions about the functioning of 1by1 should be directed to the author. My plugin does not modify 1by1 and I cannot change its operation.
The plugin archive contains all the necessary files,
necessary for the plugin to work well. 1by1 settings also affect performance. If you try to modify the settings, replace libraries with your own, you will definitely experience glitches, freezes, etc. This is not related to the plugin, but to 1by1.
Therefore, you will either have to accept the shortcomings and use the plugin with my settings,
or don't use it. The only thing I can help with is to expand the functionality of the plugin by increasing the supported playback formats. I made a 1by1 assembly, customized for my plugin https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/rjomczcn5shk2qr7b4rtd/h?rlkey=x3bospaltv806n55vj5fvumlu&dl=0 Additional extensions in detection
the TC line will have to be entered manually, since I do not officially support this assembly.
All the best to you, I hope for your understanding.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

AkulaBig wrote: 2024-04-02, 14:13 UTCQuestions about the functioning of 1by1 should be directed to the author. My plugin does not modify 1by1 and I cannot change its operation.
I do not think so. Points 1, 2, 3, 5 relate directly to the operation of the plugin.
Point 7 also doesn't look like it's unrealistic to implement. It's not the program restarting itself, but the plugin does so with it. Isn't it possible to interact with the playlist via the API?
Points 6 and 9 are questions, not requests. Maybe you have the information?
10. I replaced bass.dll and bassmidi.dll almost immediately, no bugs have been added.
Overquoting is evil! 👎