Re: Please check it: Loosing translation on standalone SynDir tool

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have tested with buttons containing
OPENLANGUAGEFILE "%COMMANDER_PATH%\LANGUAGE\WCMD_DEU.LNG"
or
OPENLANGUAGEFILE WCMD_DEU.LNG
while using English language, and then called
%commander_exe% /S=S
and the Synchronize Dirs tool was always in German. Also LanguageIni is set to the correct path and not to "C:\$Recycle.BinOMMANDER_PATHLANGUAGE" reported by Dalai.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Fla$her wrote: 2023-11-29, 05:58 UTCYou should have marked the extensions in color, then I would immediately understand what you are leading to.
In my second post in this thread I intentionally underlined the important words language and menu file. If that's not enough, then it's not me who's missing an important detail.

The behavior of OPENLANGUAGEFILE is exactly as I reported when the command is used on TC's command line. It works properly on a button, even when the parameter is put into the Parameters field (which then requires doubling the percent signs).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

Ok, I have to apologize here, it’s really somehow impossible, but the value of the LanguageIni option has been changed
I tried some scripts that make changes to the INI file on the fly. Perhaps this is the result of such work.
So thanks again to everyone who checked the behavior and found no errors in it)))
#146217 personal license
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Dalai wrote: 2023-11-29, 11:42 UTC In my second post in this thread I intentionally underlined the important words language and menu file.
To be honest, I didn't notice it. Have you not supplemented the post after the first publication?

It's not yet clear why your results using full paths do not match mine and Christian's. Maybe there are some hidden conditions?
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Fla$her wrote: 2023-11-29, 14:00 UTCHave you not supplemented the post after the first publication?
I don't think so. I don't rule out that I added the underline later, a few seconds after posting, but it's also possible that the underline has been there from the start.
It's not yet clear why your results using full paths do not match mine and Christian's. Maybe there are some hidden conditions?
Look at my previous post's last paragraph. When executed via TC command line you'll get exactly these results.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Dalai wrote: 2023-11-29, 15:37 UTC When executed via TC command line you'll get exactly these results.
Yep, I see a bug:

Code: Select all

LanguageIni=C:\Test\..OMMANDER_PATHLANGUAGE\WCMD_DEU.LNG
Mainmenu=C:\Test\..OMMANDER_PATHLANGUAGE\WCMD_DEU.mnu
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2ghisler(Author)
Let me remind you about the bugs of commands called from the command line. Will you fix it?
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-11-29, 10:53 UTC and not to "C:\$Recycle.BinOMMANDER_PATHLANGUAGE" reported by Dalai.
C:\$Recycle.Bin — there can be any current path to the file under the cursor or the working directory, if there is no file there.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Just to make everything clear:
OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_xxx.lng switches to xxx language AND to xxx menu if a wcmd_xxx.mnu file exists - if wcmd_xxx.mnu does not exist, the menu is set to internal English.
OPENLANGUAGEFILE wcmd_xxx.mnu ONLY switches to xxx menu - the language for the dialogs and main program is not changed.
OPENLANGUAGEFILE .mnu loads Internal English menu but leaves the language for the program unchanged.
OPENLANGUAGEFILE without any parameter loads intenal English language and menu.

If the language files are located in TC's Language directory, then it is not necessary to state the path.

You can test these functions with my TC Languagebar

See also: viewtopic.php?p=281287#p281287
history.txt wrote:25.06.21 Fixed: When loading language files from a different directory than the default (e.g. via OPENLANGUAGEFILE), then also look for CHM/HLP files in the same directory (32/64)
06.05.21 Fixed: The following commands didn't support double quotes in the path directly in the command field: SAVETABS, SAVETABSL, SAVETABSR, SAVETABS2, SAVETABS2L, SAVETABS2R, SELECTFILES, LOADSELECTION and OPENLANGUAGEFILE (32/64)
26.03.14 Added: Change main menu only with new command OPENLANGUAGEFILE WCMD_xyz.MNU or OPENLANGUAGEFILE .MNU for internal (32/64)
12.03.14 Added: New internal command OPENLANGUAGEFILE WCMD_xyz.LNG to open specific LNG/MNU file pair from "language" subdir. Leave out parameter for internal language. Will not be added to .inc (32/64)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

petermad wrote: 2024-02-03, 03:14 UTCIf the language files are located in TC's Language directory, then it is not necessary to state the path.
This was discussed above, but since the bug exists, it needs to be fixed.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I can say that there is no bug when using:

OPENLANGUAGEFILE "%|COMMANDER_PATH|\LANGUAGE\WCMD_DEU.MNU"
from the command line -
as opposed to using:

OPENLANGUAGEFILE "%COMMANDER_PATH%\LANGUAGE\WCMD_DEU.MNU"
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2petermad
Confirm.
Overquoting is evil! 👎