Ctrl+<KEY> in the Quick View window executes a bound command instead of selecting text or navigation

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Ctrl+<KEY> in the Quick View window executes a bound command instead of selecting text or navigation

Post by *Fla$her »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2024-01-30, 10:30 UTC I only added the ones you listed above:
Oh, by no means did I mean that all these hotkeys should be excluded. I just listed them to compare the number with the excluded ones.
And I was only interested in those that I actively use when interacting with the text.
Of these, I consider only Ctrl + Down and Esc to be useful. I just don't have any problems with Ctrl + Down, because cm_ShowCmdLineHistory attached to it repeats this action.
It's the same with Esc — I have it handled by the resident AHK to reset filtering (after cm_QuickFilter/cm_ShowQuickSearch) and remove/restore the selection, so I have no problems with it either. If you make this feature optional in the future, then of course it will be cool. )
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2024-01-30, 10:30 UTC I can add also Ctrl + Left/Right and Ctrl + Shift + Left/Right, but are there any others I missed? Otherwise this will go on forever...
+ Ctrl+Z. My em_ combines cm_EditComment with this script, so I can't undo typing on the command line.
These are the last 5. 100%. :)
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ctrl+<KEY> in the Quick View window executes a bound command instead of selecting text or navigation

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

And I was only interested in those that I actively use when interacting with the text.
Well, other users may use other hotkeys.
+ Ctrl+Z.
OK, I will add that too.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Well, other users may use other hotkeys.
I didn't expect that you would also exclude the other hotkeys, because I was guided by your previous thesis:
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2024-01-24, 08:39 UTCThe user may want to invoke a user-defined command even while in the command line

OK, I will add that too.
Thank you! )
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The user may want to invoke a user-defined command even while in the command line
We are already a step further than that, with your post here on January 26:
viewtopic.php?p=448743#p448743
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2024-02-01, 08:37 UTC We are already a step further than that, with your post here on January 26:
But there we discussed Next/Prev for combinations with arrows.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can't have both, sorry. Making it user-configurable would break compatibility with older versions.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Do you mean that you later revised your position on the partial exclusion of hotkeys for the command line, wishing to add everything?
There's nothing to apologize for, I just expressed my surprise. What's done is done. I will test everything properly in RC4.

As for compatibility, I didn't really understand. After all, it was already lost as soon as you began to fix the previous behavior before 11.03.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, I found it logical that you could change hotkeys reserved for the command line only when assigning them to commands related to the command line.

In RC3 I added cm_TransferLeft and cm_TransferRight to the command line-specific commands, which was a mistake - I will remove them in RC4.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Understood.

Good. Apparently, you hurried to copy all the names, forgetting that I wrote about these two. :)
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

30.01.24 Fixed: Hotkeys Ctrl+Left/Right Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right now still work in command line even if redefined, except when redefined to command line specific command (32/64)
Everything is fine here. Thanks.

Didn't Ctrl+Z work on the command line as cm_EditPath before? :shock:

I'll check the rest later.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Didn't Ctrl+Z work on the command line as cm_EditPath before?
AFAIK Ctrl+Z has never had any function in the command line, not even cm_EditComment.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

petermad wrote: 2024-02-03, 12:24 UTCnot even cm_EditComment.
Not even? What was meant?
Overquoting is evil! 👎
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Not even? What was meant?
cm_EditComment is the function of Ctrl+Z when focus is in the file panel, the separate tree or the button bar, so it could also have been so in the command line, but it isn't
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, I will leave it at how it is now, or we will discuss this forever.

Moderator message

Moved to will not be changed.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2ghisler(Author)
What for? There are no complaints yet. The topic covers all the necessary options.
I'm still testing all the combinations from RC3. If they are in order, then there will be nothing for this topic to do here. However, it has nothing to do here anyway.
Overquoting is evil! 👎