Ctrl+<KEY> in the Quick View window executes a bound command instead of selecting text or navigation

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ctrl+<KEY> in the Quick View window executes a bound command instead of selecting text or navigation

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I will add F2..F7 as exceptions (including F4, which isn't used yet).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Ctrl+<KEY> in the Quick View window executes a bound command instead of selecting text or navigation

Post by *Fla$her »

2ghisler(Author)
In addition to 12 Ctrl+, I hope?
Overquoting is evil! ๐Ÿ‘Ž
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

This should be fixed in Total Commander 11.03 RC1, please check it!

The following hotkeys should no go to the quick view window:
F2..F7
Shift+F2..Shift+F7
Ctrl+C,A,F,P,Cursor left,Cursor right,Cursor up,Cursor down,Home,End,PageUp,PageDown

Please try it, and let me know if I missed any.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2ghisler(Author)
I checked everything. Fixed. Thanks! :)
Ctrl+X, by the way, was also excluded, although it doesn't cut or copy text in a regular Lister.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+Y and Ctrl+V should be excluded everywhere, not just in the Ctrl+Q window.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Why aren't Ctrl+X/Y/V listed? And why the only ones? I suggest doing the same with Ctrl+LEFT/RIGHT/HOME/END.
ghisler(Author) wrote: โ†‘2024-01-18, 15:34 UTC and let me know if I missed any.
I remembered: Ctrl + DEL and Ctrl + Shift + LEFT/RIGHT. It would also be correct to exclude them from the command line and panel headers in edit mode.
With Ctrl + BACK, for example, there were no problems in previous versions.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why aren't Ctrl+X/Y/V listed?
They are mentioned on a separate line of the history, because they are ignored everywhere outside of the file lists now, not just in Lister:
17.11.23 Fixed: The following redefined hotkeys are now ignored when the cursor is outside of one of the file or tree panels: Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+Y (32/64)
Ctrl+Del does nothing in lister, so what would be the point?
I agree with Ctrl+Shift+Left/Right to select words in Lister, though.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

ghisler(Author) wrote: โ†‘2024-01-21, 09:27 UTCThey are mentioned on a separate line of the history
Thanks for the clarification. When I was reading, I was confused by the mention of a tree. Now the meaning is clear.
ghisler(Author) wrote: โ†‘2024-01-21, 09:27 UTCCtrl+Del does nothing in lister, so what would be the point?
That's what it's all about:
1. Tell me, what is the advantage of Ctrl+X/V/Y over Ctrl+Del, if all of them don't work in Lister? For me they are equivalent.
2. If Ctrl+BACK, despite the reassignment, works by default in Lister, on the command line and in the edit mode of the panel header path, why should this not apply to Ctrl+Del, given their functional similarity?
3. If the hotkey is not created in the wlx plugin, shouldn't it work by default in plain text editing mode, as in the system?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

1. These are ignored everywhere outside of the file lists, and do something e.g. in the command line
2. You are right, Ctrl+Del indeed does something in the command line. I will therefore add it to the keys where the redirection is ignored everywhere
3. Sorry, I don't understand what you mean
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

1. I wrote about equivalence, because Ctrl+Del also does something on the command line, as you confirmed later, and with cm_EditPath.
2. Good!
3. As you know, we have plugins that can edit text. The plugin may or may not reassign the hotkey, leaving the system (the operation of the corresponding APIs within the editable controls with input fields) to execute the hotkey by default, as if it were a regular notebook or the Win+R field. Based on this, we can assume that exceptions for quick viewing in Lister will be valid for Lister plugins as well, which means that the use of the mentioned hotkeys that don't work in Lister will work in Lister plugins, ignoring the custom assignments of these hotkeys for the main TC window.

What about these for exclusion everywhere? โ€”
Fla$her wrote: โ†‘2024-01-19, 11:16 UTC Ctrl+LEFT/RIGHT/HOME/END
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

3. It depends on the plugin, but most will do their own key handling, so TC will not see reassigned hotkeys when a plugin is active.
What about these for exclusion everywhere? โ€”
There are a lot of hotkeys which are used in the command line, see the help.
For now I will not exclude them from reassignment.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

3. I didn't ask about those where there is a reassignment. Please explain about those where it isn't.
ghisler(Author) wrote: โ†‘2024-01-23, 08:24 UTC There are a lot of hotkeys which are used in the command line, see the help.
For now I will not exclude them from reassignment.
Hmm. Can you do it for cm_EditPath at least?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have just checked it: All redefined hotkeys are currently being ignored in cm_EditPath or cm_RenameOnly.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

You're right. Then I withdraw the request for cm_EditPath.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

TC 11.03 RC2: for QuickView, everything now works as desired. Thanks for the fix!
ghisler(Author) wrote: โ†‘2024-01-23, 08:24 UTC For now I will not exclude them from reassignment.
Can we expect to exclude C/CS + LEFT/RIGHT in the future?