Support mixing masks and search templates for panel filter, selecting and Sync tool

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Support mixing masks and search templates for panel filter, selecting and Sync tool

Post by *MVV »

I have some simple search templates that select recently modified files, files with specific size etc. And sometimes it would be useful to e.g. select or view recently modified files with some exception, e.g. except .* or *.obj *.vcxproj* bin\ etc.

Currently TC supports multiple search filters only if all of them are masks. Since ">" is not a valid char for a mask, it is possible to specify search templates together with masks in a complex expression, here are some examples (as usually, I quote all masks containing spaces, including names of templates):

Code: Select all

">Recently modified" | *.bak
">Recently modified" *.txt | ~*
">Files > 2GB" | *.iso
">Files > 2GB" | ">Recently modified"
">Recently modified" | *.obj *.user *.suo .*\ bin\ debug*\ release*\
It shouldn't be hard to implement at all because TC already supports complex expressions, it only should expect that a mask in such expression may be a template reference, if started with ">". And it should be supported in any place where a complex expression is valid: panel filters, selecting/deselecting, search, internal associations and of course Sync tool. As I understand, this all only needs a single function here that checks if a specific file matches this complex expression.