64bit Web File Browser?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

georgeb

Re: 64bit Web File Browser?

Post by *georgeb »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2023-12-22, 13:35 UTC WFX HTTPS Browser 1.1
https://totalcmd.net/plugring/https_browser.html
And may I ask how that is supposed to work? There seems to be no help-file in the package and when I just enter a web-address into the command line that is opened in the default-browser instead. Also no entries in the TC-Net menu.

So how am I supposed to cal that plugin-browser?
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

In the TC Network menu
Show Network Connections
HTTP Browser
[Connect]
Enter URL
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1373a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
georgeb

Post by *georgeb »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2023-12-24, 14:54 UTC In the TC Network menu
Show Network Connections
HTTP Browser
[Connect]
Enter URL
There we go! Thanks a lot for the info. I've been looking through the NET-menu - albeit without success, only drive-letters to connect to in there.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

georgeb wrote: 2023-12-24, 15:32 UTC I've been looking through the NET-menu - albeit without success, only drive-letters to connect to in there.
The button "Network neighborhood" is located on the drive panel right after the letters. You can also execute cm_OpenNetwork from the command line, button, main menu, directory menu, or binding hotkey.

Such a setting in wincmd.ini will leave only a list of wfx plugins here:

Code: Select all

[Configuration]
Allowed=CDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
I've removed the letters AB because they are usually used for floppy drives, which are extremely rarely used by anyone.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
sirksel

Post by *sirksel »

I installed HTTP Browser 1.3.0, and it seems to work now on my x64 TC. I have a few questions:

1. The download of files (by copying them to the target pane) seems to be much slower than when I download the same files in my browser. Also the progress bar seems to report strange values. Do I have some setting wrong?

2. Is there a way to queue the files (like Queue/F2 in the copy dialog) or maybe put them on an FTP queue, so that I can move onto other directories and look and other files I want to download?

3. Is there any way to hide non-file links in the preferences and only list files that could be downloaded? Maybe it's about hiding the html or index files or filtering the displayed files to just those of a certain type?

4. Is there a specific download manager plugin that is more for my specific use case? It seems like this would be an ideal application for TC. I'm often downloading files and then later putting them where they belong (since that's easier to do in TC), rather than doing that all in one step.

5. Is it hard to write plugins for TC? Can you point me to any resources that you all use to learn about that?

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions, and for updating the plugin to 1.3.0 so it worked on x64. Even if I don't get any further with this, I'm still much better off than when I started. What a great user community TC has!
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2sirksel
1. There are no special settings. You can see it yourself in the plugin folder. The rendering of the progress bar always affects the speed of copying.
2. No, as you can see. The author didn't even add a background mode. I don't think the background transfer manager can be available for wfx plugins.
3. Ctrl+F12 > |*.htm;*.html or hotkey with cd |*.htm;*.html (View Mode/Auto Switch Mode unfortunately doesn't help.)
4. No.
5. Search here for 'Guide'.
Overquoting is evil! 👎