Unpacking multiple files - preview window

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Unpacking multiple files - preview window

Post by *wanderer »

I recently unpacked a lot of rather small files to a folder. The process was taking a long time, so i minimized the window. When i hovered over the taskbar icon, the preview window was shown. It's title was alternating between "0% - Unpack" and "100% - unpack", which was not very helpful. IMO in this case, it would be better to show something like: "Unpack xxx/yyy - pct%", where xxx the remaining files to unpack, yyy the total files and pct the percentage.

Same stands for packing of course ("Packing xxx/yyy - pct%" and "Verifying xxx/yyy - pct%").
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Unpacking multiple files - preview window

Post by *wanderer »

Continuing with the comments in this function, when the unpack of many small files starts, in the main window, the action being seen most of the time (above the from/to lines) is not "unpacking" but "setting date/time", which feels unnatural. I guess the time to unpack is much smaller than the time after setting date/time (which also includes the loading of the next file to unpack). It could use a little tweaking in order to show "Unpacking" most of the time.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.