I want to synchronize a folder to quickly and easily delete the images that I already had and that I just now downloaded

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

YeetDabMcFapDab

I want to synchronize a folder to quickly and easily delete the images that I already had and that I just now downloaded

Post by *YeetDabMcFapDab »

I want to synchronize a folder to quickly and easily delete the images that I already had and that I just now downloaded again, but for some reason the filter "by content" uses the file's date, even if i also tick "ignore date" so TC does not indentify the file as a duplicate but as a single, how can i fix this ?
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: I want to synchronize a folder to quickly and easily delete the images that I already had and that I just now downlo

Post by *Dalai »

TC's Synchronize Directories compares only files with the same name in directories with the same name. Otherwise files are considered singles. If you want to find identical files regardless of their name, use TC's Find Files instead; tab Advanced > Find duplicate files.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
beb

Re: I want to synchronize a folder to quickly and easily delete the images that I already had and that I just now downlo

Post by *beb »

2YeetDabMcFapDab
To begin with, make sure the files in question are actually of the same content.
E.g., does the "Compare by content" tool identify the files as duplicates, do the files have identical hash sums (md5, etc)?
#278521 User License
Total Commander [always the latest version, including betas] x86/x64 on Win10 x64/Android 10