totalcmd android trash

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dinko_dimitrov

totalcmd android trash

Post by *dinko_dimitrov »

HI
first i have no problems, but after 2 years of use (android 11 with no more updates), this problem occur:
when delete file from /DCIM/Camera/ folder (i moved folder micro sd external memory - the memory is very fast TPPMSDX128GIA2V300, i tested it on usb 3.0 card reader with "f3 - Fight Flash Fraud" and it writes more than 80MB/s ), totalcmd make copy file to trashed_imgxxxx.jpg then deletes file (this takes a lot time, when there are more selected files, so i think that files are copied and then deleted instead of simply renamed)... after this i need open google pictures, go to library and empty trash...
when moving pictures to my computer totalcmd sftp, no "trashed" files after that...
in other folder (i moved download folder to same external card) delete is normal - instantly and no "trashed" before name and file is deleted permanently...
i can't find option to disable trash in totalcmd... or the problem is from the "google pictures" update...
another problem - when i edit a file, totalcmd create backup with filename.txt~ and no option in settings not to make backup...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: totalcmd android trash

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That's odd, Total Commander doesn't have a trash, it always deletes files directly. Either Android does this by itself, or a background app.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: totalcmd android trash

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This doesn't seem to be standard Android behavior: It doesn't happen in the Android 11 and 12 emulators, even with the Play Store (photos files are deleted immediately). Only photos deleted in the "Photos" app get renamed to .trashed-random number-original name.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com