Freeze & disconnect ext HD on Synchronise Directory

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DMB_Oz

Freeze & disconnect ext HD on Synchronise Directory

Post by *DMB_Oz »

Windows 10 current patches on MSI Apache Pro

Doing a Synchronise Directories between my Backup 1 + 2 Hard Drives
~7300 files in ~800 folders adding up to ~1.7TB
and similar with other data and drives

Drives checked for errors and virus scanned with AVG PC TuneUp and AVG Virus Scan of the directory

TC finds the odd video file on both drives, no particular type, size between 200MB to 1.3GB and classifies it as "not the same"
Marked Blue on both sides, and the middle indicator or option box empty for no action

sometimes there is no discernable difference, other times there's a time/date difference

if I right click and Select for copying left to right, then force an Overwrite
it will get halfway thru the file then not just freeze TC, but actually "eject" the Source or left hand hard drive so even the rest of the apps and OS can't see it, and I have to pull the USB3 cable and reconnect the drive

I have escaped from Synchronise Directory, then deleted the file on the right, then done another Synch Dir and sometimes TC will copy the missing file across, sometimes do the above freeze and kick the HD out

(have 2 screen captures but as this is my first board posting, not sure how to upload the image)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Freeze & disconnect ext HD on Synchronise Directory

Post by *petermad »

2DMB_Oz
(have 2 screen captures but as this is my first board posting, not sure how to upload the image)
You cannot upload images to this board - you have to upload it somewhere online and provide a link to it.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Freeze & disconnect ext HD on Synchronise Directory

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This sounds like a hardware read error of this particular file.

Moderator message

Moved to will not be changed.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com