How do I become a participant in the Beta program?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pwillikers

How do I become a participant in the Beta program?

Post by *pwillikers »

I asked Google Play to send install the android beta. Is there a method to download the APK?

Thanks for you continuing support.

Paul.
algol

Re: How do I become a participant in the Beta program?

Post by *algol »

Actually there is - although a little bit hidden. Read here:
viewtopic.php?p=451913#p451913
Fortuitously I've been able to find out about this special access-point in the wake of a very recent discussion, although totally undocumented as it seems. But I've started my own "investigation" after learning about the existence of a very recent new "beta" only as of last week by stumbling upon the OP's initial question myself in this very forum.

And for me neither "Google Play" (b/c of crippled version and exploitation of user-privacy by Google "phoning home") nor the intended way of distribution via F-Droid (b/c of its equally patronizing approach of remote installation thereby denying the user access to the actual apk) are viable options as I intend to locally distribute new software versions to restricted Android-devices like TVs and Media-Players in my home-network that came without Google Play in the first place and may not be fully suited or meant to install 3rd-party-apps without limitation by their respective manufacturers.

So in my case direct access to the proper apk is also a must.