[OT] Does anybode knows what is this?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

frenky

Post by *frenky »

majkinetor wrote:why people write software in their own language?!
Are you serious??
Ambiguity succeeds where honesty dares not venture.
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

@ icfu
I did no deep exam of what is happening behind dazzle emule, I just found it to be the quicker on the line. Also, don't try to make me gulity because of my behaviour. I know that to you people outside of THIS part of the world much of the things that are in concern here are just not present in your lifes (you lacky bastards :) ). I don't wanna talk you about my Serbian internet here, just pretend that you are beleiving me. Anyway, do you think that we are in the same position in acquering and using techinical goodies? If average salary here is less then 200E then you may post qustions like "is it TC the same cost for you and me ?" or "What should I eat if I buy Windows ? " or "how would I download my files"...
This has already been answered: Personal firewalls suck.
I am sure this is not the case. It maybe suck but that is another story. I don't know how you failed to notice other 3 applications all mentioning N/A application. To test this, I am searching for proc explorer that do code injection to close or terminate application.
n/a means not available, there are no applications listening on those ports so what do you expect your firewall to do?
Not true. There are established connections sometimes here... communicating.... sending information... receiving...
When visiting a rapidshare.de link you have to press the "FREE"-button to catch the download.
Don't do this anymore. :wink:

@ frenky
Are you serious?!
Yes!!
english is official computer language. All phrases, therms, phenomenas are named using English and are unsuccessfuly translated to other languages which just makes confusion.

PS: Sorry, for my wildness here. I just hate when I see people are posting just to do so. It makes me go wild :mrgreen:
frenky

Post by *frenky »

Yes!!
english is official computer language. All phrases, therms, phenomenas are named using English and are unsuccessfuly translated to other languages which just makes confusion.
This is selfproclamed by loud english speaking development comunity. It has much to do with the fact that development of major IDEs are are made in countires with english speaking population (or at least managment and this is what counts at the end...).

But for sake of argument, let's take German language as an example...
Germany, Switzerland, Austria and some parts of other coutries speak this language. Please excuse me if I ommited someone.
So let's say there exist 100 milion people speaking this language. This makes more than sufficient critical mass to have sw deveoped exclusevly for that potential group.
If you work in development with multilanguage environment than you have to agree on comment language, if all speak German why not make comments in German?
If you see something as such, than treat it that way. Do not argue.

What do you think how many examples exist written at Chinese language? I would guess that 1.1+ bilion people can produce much source code nicely commented in cinese language...

This kind of thinking will enforce slow removal of native languages from this feald, maybe in general as well. As okward as some computer terms sound is someones native language, this is neccecery in my point.

I would not like my language to be forced out with something "convinient" I'd rather see it grow as new terms come up.

But that is just me...
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

What do you think how many examples exist written at Chinese language? I would guess that 1.1+ bilion people can produce much source code nicely commented in cinese language...
Technology and civilization exist, for people are there to collect experience of others and expand it. If you do it on your language then I can't learn your knowledge, if I do it in mine you can't learn mine... I know we all have patriotic feeling about native language and things like that, but you must give up that for greater goal. Personaly, I think that learning multiple languages is pure waste of time. I can't wait for babylon fish to become reality, and as I know, 10GHz CPU is all we need to do real time language processing. Soon.

Also, mentioned program is adminstration tool, not Minesweeper. I can understand having Minesweeper or Word in your native langage but admin tool ??!!! Why on Germnan. Is it that your country admins don't know english ? I write all my code, all my comments and documentation on English, I am not so selfish.

PS: Forward, I think that those 2 forums beside English is among the worst things here. First, I must miss all German knowledge. Second, I would miss all French data if there is any (compare number of posts). After all, Ghisler doesn't have 5000 posts for me... 3000 eng/deu posts are next to nothing to all people not understanding. I can only hope that some ICFU will march between those languages and translate that to others...

PS2: To bad that some form of Esperanto isn't official language to all comunities. I will glory the day when some politician does that instead of bombing.
Last edited by majkinetor on 2005-12-12, 13:12 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

My 2 cents
Ask the OpenOffice development community about the fine source code commenting :D
There must be a reason why the main development work is still done in Germany...
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

@ 2 Lefteous
There must be a reason why the main development work is still done in Germany...
There is.... it is that famous German ignorance for other races.
Too bad Germans are not the only one. We all are, some less some more and everybody pretends to be cool with everybody.

What a waste of time and energy.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2majkinetor
I think the reason in this case simple is that the program had been closed source for a long time. Some years ago the Staroffice source has been released as open source and developers interested in further development complained about the German comments which were never thought for public as they were written...
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

There is.... it is that famous German ignorance for other races.
What a brainless statement, I feel like I am goin' to puke now. I thought that JP's comment about you being Milosevic could not be topped but hey, you did it. Well done. :)

Icfu
This account is for sale
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

What a brainless statement, I feel like I am goin' to puke now.
It is not the same statement and it has not the same weight since it is not on personal level .... Who is brainless now ?

Why are YOU complaining anyaway. You don't know how to handle generalisations? Maybe I'll learn you... You see, when I say ALL in some general statement, you can read it as VERY HUGE GROUP. I don't think that YOU are the one, just that it is very big POSSIBLITY for you to be, talking in general. Knowing you from THIS forum in more contextual way, POSSIBILITY change in some direction.

I don't know why people think in Black & White. Things are NEVER b&w. They are just more or less possibile.

Mark my words: PROBABILITY.

And by the way, U can pretend that it isn't but it IS, and it is the same for all races in some measure.
Also, if you recall, I already stated my liknes for German "principles", but it doesn't mean that I don't have anything to complain. If you stated that Serbs are idiots for letting somebody like S.M. making rules, I will salut you, because it is the truth. It's not 100% truth but it is truth. And the truth hurt, that is not my falt, nor yours. So, like I said, German people are ignorant to other races.
. I thought that JP's comment about you being Milosevic could not be topped but hey, you did it. Well done.
Why do we need this sentence ?

@ Leftious
Some years ago the Staroffice source has been released as open source
Some years... and still no translation.... hmmm. I hope that you will not have to encounter any Chinese open source....
German comments which were never thought for public as they were written.
That is serious thought failure.
frenky

Post by *frenky »

2majkinetor
Thre is no reasoning with you.
Your way or no way...
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

Wrong!
I gave you my arguments.

Dialog goes this way (from the time of the old Greeks):

1. I say something with arguments. Prefix "I think that " is implicit.
2. You say something with arguments. Prefix "I think that " is implicit.
3. Mentioned arguments are not enought for either of us to change its mind. If not GOTO 5
4. GOTO 1 or 2

5. enlightment

Do you see anywhere in this algorythm place for
Thre is no reasoning with you.
Your way or no way...
Last edited by majkinetor on 2005-12-12, 18:13 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Try it like that instead, it works:

Code: Select all

10 REM HELLO WORLD BY MAJKINETOR
20 PRINT "GERMANS ARE RASCISTS"
30 PRINT "OOPS, SORRY!"
40 SYS64738
Icfu
This account is for sale
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

icfu wrote:

Code: Select all

10 REM HELLO WORLD BY MAJKINETOR
20 PRINT "GERMANS ARE RASCISTS"
30 PRINT "OOPS, SORRY!" 
40 SYS64738

**** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ****
64 K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE

READY

:lol:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

@ ICFU
You really made me laugh here. Thank you. It's good to know that we are keeping good spirit here :):)

PS: IRONY FREE POST
We are not doing this just for the money.
We are doing it for sh*t load of money.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com