Copy / Paste: Is this normal?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Thorz

Post by *Thorz »

A small tuto om CLCL could be a very nice thing to have. Thank you for your efford Clo.
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

U all should try Global Clipboard . It is the best I know. It supports all clipbard formats.
We are not doing this just for the money.
We are doing it for sh*t load of money.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2majkinetor
Just by looking at the screenshot on the webpage i decided not to try it ;-) and it is not even free.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

Just try it.

You may change your opinion.
... and ofcourse, it can be free.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Regarding me the times where shareware apps were mostly regarded more useful than freeware or OpenSource are over, this is at least true for the low price sector.
Anyway, I have checked the feature list and haven't found anything that qualifies Global Clipboard to be paid $15.

The only advantage I found was displaying additional info about the copied contents but for image and text manipulating I am using separate tools anyway that are much better suited and specialized. Nevertheless in case you need them there are several plugins available that extent CLCL functionality. Problem is that many goodies are available in Japanese only and although some of them sound very promising it's hard to find out how they work. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

Anyway, I have checked the feature list and haven't found anything that qualifies Global Clipboard to be paid $15.
Then don't pay it.

All programs should be free for home usage. If you make money with it, then pay it.

And it is not just text and image manipulation. U can say ctrl + c on file and it is shown in GC, like a file.

I don't know, I guess there are better thing around but this is the first good thing I found in this field.
Regarding me the times where shareware apps were mostly regarded more useful than freeware or OpenSource are over,
Thx God, it is true.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

And it is not just text and image manipulation. U can say ctrl + c on file and it is shown in GC, like a file.
Just like in CLCL ;-)
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

I tried CCL. It is really good like U all say, although it is fully functional only with plugins.

I still think GC is very good alternative.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com
Thorz

Post by *Thorz »

majkinetor wrote:
Then don't pay it.
All programs should be free for home usage. If you make money with it, then pay it.
Thanks for the recomendation of GC. But I am not agree with what you say about "all programs must be free for home use". Why is that? Developers use time and resources to produce quality programs. Not only the big fishes deserve the money. Total Commander is a good example of that. I use it everywhere, but I bought it first to use at home.

I asume that you have paid for TC.
majkinetor

Post by *majkinetor »

First, don't asume anything.
Why is that?
Because, this is prooved to be wrong. Developers are constantly lying people that their product do what is listed in "features" page, while it is very very very very very ....... very very very small chance for that according to everything I know about computer software today. TC is very very very .... (you know already) ... rare exception.

It is also good for developers because users that are satisfied with program will pay it to receive support, manuals, updates.... while those not satisfied (or not wealthy) will not pay but they are still valuable because they form big testing ground imposible in artificial simulations / small grounds.

Trials are useless because you can't really analyze program that is time or function limited.

And.. of course is it TC the same value for me and for you ?
In Serbia, average month salary is less then 200 E. In Austria 1500E.
Calculate x to find equivalent price for TC in Serbia: 1500/30=200/x.
Wow.... I can't beleive it is so cheap

I will stop here.. you got my point. I could continue in infinity.

r-moth.com
r-moth.deviantart.com