Extended icon library wciconex.dll now available

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Extended icon library wciconex.dll now available

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

For Total Commander 7, forum user "stickynomad" has designed for us a lot of nice new icons as an external contractor. The icon library included in the Total Commander 7 distribution file contains only a part of these icons, for size reasons. Therefore we are now offering a separate icon library wciconex.dll with many more commands. It also contains icons in the larger 48x48 pixel format for high resolution screens.

Total Commander 7 will use these icons automatically for the menu and for new buttons. Existing buttons will still use the old wcmicons.dll.

You can download the extended icon library here:
:arrow: https://plugins.ghisler.com/addons/wciconex.zip

Just double click the ZIP in Total Commander to install the icon library.

Many thanks to stickynomad for all the work!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Thanks, Santas: Santa Ghisler and Santa Nomad! :D

Hm, I guess it is strictly forbidden to open the downloaded archive before Christmas Eve. :roll:

Karl
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Perhaps I should password-protect it and post the password only on 24.12.? :) :) :)
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Too late, Santa, the file is on my disk already.
The download started mysteriously all by itself.
But I promise not to install it before Sunday's Christmas dinner. :wink:

Karl
--
(Corrected: "tomorrow" => "Sunday", "tomorrow" would have been "Saturday".)
Last edited by karlchen on 2006-12-23, 22:44 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2ghisler(Author)
Many thanks to stickynomad for all the work!
You're welcome! I appreciate I could have a little contribution in this great software!

2karlchen
But I promise not to install it before tomorrow's Christmas dinner.
Yes, you better should. I silently included a protection mechanism: If you open the package before 24.12., a screen will appear that will seriously insult you :mrgreen:

Just kiddin' of course :)
Henrie

Post by *Henrie »

Great!
Thank you for the extra icons.

I still miss some icons which i use often and are even in the standard menus:
cm_MatchSrc
cm_GetFileSpace
cm_DirectoryHotlist

I now have to use my own buttons (which really don't look well next to the new icons) or icons which were designed for another function (which can be a little confusing).

Greetings,
Henrie
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

2StickyNomad: Thanks for the Christmas gift !
I already got it on 22. but opened it just on Christmas Eve.

Wow: Looks like a charm, works like a charm. :D
#5767 Personal license
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2Henrie
Thanks! I'm glad you like the icons!
I still miss some icons which i use often and are even in the standard menus:
cm_MatchSrc
cm_GetFileSpace
cm_DirectoryHotlist
OK, I'll ask the author if we could add an Icon for 'cm_matchSrc', this was requested already and I also think an icon for this command should be integrated into the extended lib.

I'm not sure about the other 2 commands. cm_GetFileSpace can be invoked with CTRL+L, and the directory hotlist is available through CTRL+D or the '*'-button above the file panels, just a few pixels away from the buttonbar...

2sqa_wizard
Thanks too!
Henrie

Post by *Henrie »

2StickyNomad

Okay, then I'll settle for 'cm_matchSrc'.
I know it takes a lot of time to design a good icon. So one out of three requested is not bad.

I'm very bad in remembering all those keyboard shortcuts, there are just to many. I only remember those which i use very often (like ctrl+m, which i really had to get used to after using ctrl+t for a long time)

You are right about the '*'-button above the file panels. But I find it more convenient that the hotlist appears on the left top of my file panel instead of the different placed hotlists. When clicked on the left panel it appears partly over the right panel, and when clicked on the right panel it appears at the right top of the panel (because i use full screen there is no space at the right). Is there a setting that the left hotlist does not appear partly in the right panel?

As for 'cm_GetFileSpace' I did not even know about CTRL+L, it is not given in the pull down menu while ctrl+m and ctrl+z are. It is mentioned in the keyboard layout but there are just to many commands there to remember.

Thanks for reading my post.

Greetings,
Henrie
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

CTRL+L, it is not given in the pull down menu
Well - it is in the internal English standard menu: http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/ctrl-l.png - but not when using the external wcmd_eng.mnu :!:

It seems that the missing shortcut hint is missing in most languages: Dutch, Czech, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Slovak, Slovenian and Korean :!: :roll:

It is actually only in German, Swedish, Danish, Russian, Belorussian, Chinese, Estonian and internal English that the Ctrl+L shortcut is shown.

I will file a bug report on this.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2Henrie
Is there a setting that the left hotlist does not appear partly in the right panel?
If you invoke the hotlist with CTRL+D, it always pops up in the upper left corner of the active file panel, thus not covering the opposite panel.
It is mentioned in the keyboard layout but there are just to many commands there to remember.
Indeed there's quite a bunch of shortcuts. When I started to use TC regularly, I did print out an excerpt of the Keyboard shortcuts descripton to lookup the keys until I had got used to them.