Copy dialog layout

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

2MVV
that's almost perfect!

http://iceimg.com/i/99/be/a90d27198c.png
but why did you move "verify" and "ntfs rights"?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Copy NTFS rights is not much frequently used IMO (it may require admin rights and it is not used everyday). Anyway, any checkbox may be placed into main dialog, it is a concept only.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The reason why I placed the Options button below the others was because it was new, and people just wouldn't notice it at the far right end. But now that it has been there fore a while, I may consider to move it to the right.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

I may consider to move it to the right.
thanks, it would be gerat!
any checkbox may be placed into main dialog
what about moving down ALL of checkboxes? (incl. verify and ntfs-rights)
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

what about moving down ALL of checkboxes? (incl. verify and ntfs-rights)
It will overload the dialog with unnecessary controls. Dialog with pinned options panel does what you suggest anyway.
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

Dialog with pinned options panel does what you suggest anyway.
I DON'T suggest full view by default because of some users, who can scare of too much buttons.
I only suggest moving "options" to more logical place and adding verify-option. Other things are enough good for me as they are now.
As I said before, this view http://iceimg.com/i/99/be/a90d27198c.png could be final solution (if ntfs-rights option is used not so often).
Ukrainian Total Commander Translator. Feedback and discuss.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I think that verify option will be the most usable single option.
Other options include three overwrite options (too much for single line), symlink copy options (takes much space too) and two situation-specific options, and also the one that works from time to time (requires permissions).

BTW button '+' may be added to the right from 'Only files of this type:' label just like '>>' button (same size and style), it will be useful and nice. However I like my idea with additional drop-down list item too.
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

MVV wrote:I think it may be complicated to pin button color as text color BTW...
Not at all. When you have two-color image (one transparent and other for what should be displayed), it's easy to do quick run through all pixels (not too many, it's small image) and change the color before drawing it. But of course it's nothing critical.

-

Otherwise I don't have any new input. I must just say that after looking at advanced options above the buttons for a while, I like it so much more than below. Extending dialog down is fine when you open the options once. But when you have them pinned, buttons in the middle of dialog look strange.

Btw, rghost does not work for me any more. I tried to connect through three different ISPs plus hidemyass.com and nothing works. First rghost.ru is alive and at some point it redirects me to rghost.net which is dead.
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

tried to connect through three different ISP
try Opera Turbo, no problem with it (it works like compressing proxy, changes outer IP)
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Not at all. When you have two-color image (one transparent and other for what should be displayed), it's easy to do quick run through all pixels (not too many, it's small image) and change the color before drawing it. But of course it's nothing critical.
I tried but it seems to be complicated in case of TSpeedButton's glyph.
I must just say that after looking at advanced options above the buttons for a while, I like it so much more than below.
I like that too. And it is still quite easy to get it. It even doesn't require to change the code, only playing with form (changing positions and alignment modes). :)

Advanced options above left-aligned command buttons with 'verify copy' item in main dialog part.
I think in such case pin button may keep its original position (together with advanced options panel control).

Advanced options above right-aligned command buttons with 'verify copy' item in main dialog part.

Save images to disk and enter as archive to see files (it is CAB archive attached to image).
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

2MVV
Advanced options above right-aligned command buttons with 'verify copy' item in main dialog part.
"right-aligned" looks better
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

TC 8.50b4:
Verify checkbox and a bit greater width are good changes but the rest...
Buttons, edit fields are VERY misaligned. Different widths, different borders, (OK, '+' are too close to edge, edits have different distance to left/right edge), empty space after disappearing 'Options >>' button, '+' button with greater height than combobox... Looks weird.
MaxX
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MaxX »

2MVV
Confirm.
Some more:
Options button now disappears (when pushed) and leaves just an unused space.
Options button is some bugger than others.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I've mentioned all of this. :wink:
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, I will not make the buttons the same width. It would mean that all would need to have the maximum width, which would make the dialog box even larger.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com