Plugin Request: Configurable content plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

rudi_rohrstock

Plugin Request: Configurable content plugin

Post by *rudi_rohrstock »

Hello,

the principle of the content plugins is very good. I have also a clear conception of how I could use it with the work. Unfortunately I have not sufficiently knowledge, in order to write an appropriate Plugin.
My planned application:

I have a quantity of text files (symbols for a graphic Design program), which contain administrative data except the diagram information still.
That looks for example in such a way:

A 0 20 Designation=Blablabla
A 0 21 Z_Remark1=nice remarks
A 0 22 Z_Remark2=more nice remarks
A 0 23 Z_Remark3=...
A 0 25 TYPE=0805_ght
A 0 26 PARTS=10

The bold printed words are keywords, which I would like to have in the column head and whose values for each file should be indicated in the file list. These keywords can be somewhere in the text file but are called naturally always the same.
Now I introduce myself a Plugin, with which I can define the keywords themselves e.g. with an .ini file.
Is there something similar already? Does somebody else have a similar application?

Thank you in advance
rudi

P.S. Please excuse the bad english!
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

2rudi_rohrstock
This plugin can something like you described:
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/wdx_global_diz.html

I didn't understood. You would like plugin to retrieve special data from files, or just create user-defined columnes and describe each file manually. If first you will need a special plugin written specially for you. If second - this plugin will help you.
Wincmd.ru WWW.TOTALCMD.NET
I see that future is near...
rudi_rohrstock

Post by *rudi_rohrstock »

2Ergo

It is the first you described: I would like a plugin to retrieve special data from files. Each file contains meta data for administration purposes.
I thought there could be other applications where keywords are used in a file to define special properties of the file. How e.g. the meta data of image files are defined? By keywords or by the arrangement in the file or am I completly wrong?

rudi
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

2rudi_rohrstock
Only specific plugin will help you in this. You may try to find a person to write such a plugin...
Wincmd.ru WWW.TOTALCMD.NET
I see that future is near...