Feature Request - MultiRename Tool

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sdaughtry

Feature Request - MultiRename Tool

Post by *sdaughtry »

Would be nice if this utility could be updated to allow the contents of a .TXT file (or even better - an editable window where each line of text would correspond to a "tagged" file) could be used to rename files inside of TC.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2sdaughtry

Hi,

This was disussed already a while ago and the author showed some interest in a possibility to load filenames from a textfile.

So chances are not too bad that we'll see some enhancements here in the upcoming TC7.
sdaughtry

Post by *sdaughtry »

That is certainly encouraging. I have loads of MP3 files that I need this feature for; the paradigm I envision is:

* open the text file; copy content to clipboard
* select files in TC
* define option to auto-increment tagged files (prefix; 01 - , 02 - , 03- , etc)
* define option to Title Case the file names during rename
* click button to process the list and rename the files

I prefer the option of having an editable text window that would be used to define the names for the files instead of having the window simply loading a text file - it would take much longer to transfer the file name contents to that file, save it, and then return back to TC to carry out the steps above.
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2sdaughtry
All you need is AudioInfo wdx-plugin together with "First of each word uppercase" and counter settings which already exist.
However when the tags of mp3s are not filled correctly you might need a textfile feature.
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..