Problems when T.C. has been launched by nnCron

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Agor75

Problems when T.C. has been launched by nnCron

Post by *Agor75 »

I created a hotkey to open TotalCMD with nnCron.

After TotalCMD was opened by this way, the .CHM files cant be opened by double click on it, or opened by ChoiceEditor of TC.

But when use other hotkey tools or just open totalcmd by shortcut, theres no this problem.

I dont know why.

[mod]Thread split from totalcmd.exe /O /T c:/tmp opens c:\/tmp/\*.*.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Re: totalcmd exe /O /T c /tmp opens c /tmp/

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Agor75.
Agor75 wrote:I created a hotkey to open TotalCMD with nnCron.
Sorry to say so, but nnCron does not ring a bell here.
After TotalCMD was opened by this way, the .CHM files cant be opened by double click on it, or opened by ChoiceEditor of TC.
Sorry to say so, but the issue which you report
  1. seems to be caused by this nnCron, whatever that is
  2. is absolutely off-topic with respect to the topic of this thread. This thread is about not sticking to the Windows rule that path components are separated by backslashes and why T.C. should fully support forward slashes nonetheless.
So, in the future, please, do not hijack some randomly chosen thread for your problem report. Instead create a new thread. And if some software is involved which not everybody may know like nnCron, please, provide some hint where to find out what this software is and what it does.

Kind regards,
Karl
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Sorry to say so, but nnCron does not ring a bell here
http://www.nncron.ru
So, in the future, please, do not hijack some randomly chosen thread for your problem report. Instead create a new thread. And if some software is involved which not everybody may know like nnCron, please, provide some hint where to find out what this software is and what it does.
I agree++
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, petermad.

Thanks for providing a link to the nnCron homepage. Seems as if Google Denmark and Google Germany agree. :wink:

---
Perhaps a moderator could kindly split this thread here and move the nnCron related posts to a separate thread.
It might have the title "Problems when T.C. has been launched by nnCron".
And it should be located in the normal English forum, because I fail to see where the T.C. bug might be in this particular case.

---
About the reported problem
I created a hotkey to open TotalCMD with nnCron. After TotalCMD was opened by this way, the .CHM files cant be opened by double click on it, or opened by ChoiceEditor of TC.
Actually I have not taken the time to test nnCron and launching T.C. with the help of nnCron. So have still not got any idea what the cause of the trouble may be.
Yet, as T.C. launches .CHM files just fine provided it is not spawned by nnCron, I suspect that nnCron may pass a runtime environment to T.C. which lacks access to some standard file associations. (Just a guess.)

It would be helpful to know whether Agor75 gets any error message when T.C. does not open a .CHM file.
It would be helpful, too, to know whether other file types are similarly affected: *.doc, *.txt, *.pdf ...

Kind regards,
Karl
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, Agor75.

nnCron gets launched in different ways on old Windows versions like Win98/WinME and on newer Windows versions like Windows 2000 and newer.
  • Which Windows version are you using?
  • How do you launch nnCron? As a normal application or as a service?
  • If you run it as a service, which account is used to run the nnCron service?
  • When you press the defined nnCron hotkey which launches Total Commander, do you use AsLoggedUser to launch Total Commander?
    If you do not do so and nnCron is running as a service, Total Commander will be launched using the same account as the nnCron service.
  • If you try to open a .CHM file in Total Commander, what happens? Which error message is displayed?
Kind regards,
Karl
--
To Hacker:
Thanks for moving Agor75's report and all related posts to this separate thread.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

karlchen,
Thanks for the detailed instructions.
8)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.