Total Updater 0.8.6.9 - Total Commander & plugin updater

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Hey guys back again! =)

Sorry for being inactive for quite some time, I'm all okay & everything is fine with me (thanks for asking, I saw some worried posts in the other topic), its just I have a new full time job which recently required a lot of energy, thus I don't really had the time to update the tools... i'm really sorry about that!

The site is about to change, I had a hosting & domain switch so the old site is off on "purpose", need to find the time to activate the new one and all the informations are going to be back online of course! :)

Btw I was keep watching the new plugins every now and then, there are some of them which should be updated in db, but luckily most of them are already automatically recognized by TU so just a 'lil amount of manual editing needed - soon I'll create an update package, feel free to help me in the process by publicating your userdb.ini files with added totalcmd.net plugins/entries! :) Its very much appreciated.

Oh and before I forget: Not sure if many of you still remember, we started last year with a poll about TU's future. I got pretty awesome amount of responses, 'd like to say a huge thanks for all those people who felt like submitting the survey!
Here you can see the result of the poll - I already started defining the new plugin manager tool based on the results. :) Well not so much progression since then, but you know, good work needs time, a worse even more.. :P

Image: http://s11.postimg.org/aijdois7n/the_evolve_of_total_updater_survey.png

Regards,
Bluestar
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

Great news :-)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Skif_off

Post by *Skif_off »

2Bluestar
In whatsnew.txt:
[14-06-2013] Total Updater 0.8 Beta 1
* New: Support downloading over SSL: you simply need to put "libeay32.dll" and "ssleay32.dll" files to the utility's directory

Can you add two paths %COMMANDER_PATH%\*.dll & %COMMANDER_PATH%\64\*.dll for these dlls? If dlls are used (seems to I have had no problems). Or dlls are loaded automatically?
Bektash

Post by *Bektash »

Since a few days ago Total Updater successfully checks for Total Commander updates, however, it gives the following error when checking for plugins update:
Error: No Internet Connection / invalid proxy settings.

I use the latest version (0.8.6.7)

Is there a fix?
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

This is probably because totalcmd.net domain settings has been changed, i have the same problem with RSS check from totalcmd.net now works only with "totalcmd.net" not with "www.totalcmd.net"
Adman

Total Updater error 03-30-2015 05:36:00

Post by *Adman »

I also get the following error when checking for plugins update:
Error: No Internet Connection / invalid proxy settings.

I do have an Internet Connection because I'm able to post in this forum. javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

I use the latest version (0.8.6.7)

Is there a fix?
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

Probably no fix, Bluestar need to change internal settings in software or on his server.
Adman

Post by *Adman »

krasusczak wrote:Probably no fix, Bluestar need to change internal settings in software or on his server.
So, Bluestar will probably be releasing an update soon?

I looked in the TotalUpdater.ini file and I couldn't see anything in there that might be causing this "interference"...
Bluestar

Total Updater v0.8.6.8

Post by *Bluestar »

Hey guys! :)

I know about the problem, last weekend I was planning to release a hotfix because of this, however totalcmd.net srv didn't allow me to do that, cause it just shows me an error when trying to update the package.. I thought it works for noone but it seems its just me - today I can see some new stuff on totalcmd.net -, so I need to contact Flint first before publishing it on totalcmd.net.

In the meantime you can download the new version from the following link:

[face=tahoma]Total Updater v0.8.6.8 (Stable)

Hotfix for the new totalcmd.net server problem (read the changelog for more info...)

:arrow: Download | 31-03-2015 | MD5 (exe): 183cb5e9c2083064daf86cf52205dffa

Changelog:

* New: Slovenian language support (thanks to Jadran Rudec)
* New: Added new command line parameter "/autostartinstall" - by running TU with this parameter, the updatable items are downloaded and updated automatically
* New: the OpenSSL dll files are detected automatically in TC's folder as well, in case they can be found there (or you can still just put them in the utility's dir ofc)
* Change: added 4 new items to the Internal Plugin Database (plus updated a lot of outdated data)
* Change: added 2 new items to the checksum database
* Change: updated TpAbbrevia packer to the latest available (5.2) version
* Change: updated Indy to the latest available (10.6.0.5256) version
* Fixed: error "no internet connection" caused by incorrect handling of server redirection (induced by new totalcmd.net server)
* Fixed: set the download button's caption to "Update the marked items" in case the "Install the packages after successful download" checkbox is checked
[/face]

Regards,
Bluestar
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Bluestar

With Total Updater v. 0.8.6.8 I am told that I have DiskDir Extended v. 1.6.7.0 installed when in fact I have version 1.6.8.0 installed - I didn't get that with the previous version of Total Updater - it recognized my DiskDir Extended as v. 1.6.8.0
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

confirm i also have 1.6.8 but show me 1.6.7

p.s.
same problem with Puzzle.wcx i have newest but updater wants to update over & over again..
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Ugh... umm sorry, it seems I need to recompile the whole project, looks like something has been messed up recently after one of my OS reinstallations between the last TU release and today's one.. :?

0.8.6.8's version detection algorithm is a bit broken as it is now, I'll try to fix it asap..
Gerby

Post by *Gerby »

petermad wrote:With Total Updater v. 0.8.6.8 I am told that I have DiskDir Extended v. 1.6.7.0 installed when in fact I have version 1.6.8.0 installed - I didn't get that with the previous version of Total Updater - it recognized my DiskDir Extended as v. 1.6.8.0
Hi!

The last fix for DiskDir Extended was only for the 32-bit plugin. Thus, only this one was released as version 1.6.8.0. 64-bit still stays at 1.6.7.0. Maybe you have both installed in parallel and Total Updater is detecting the 64-bit plugin?

Gerby
krasusczak

Post by *krasusczak »

@Gerby
DiskDirExtended I have only in 32bit so there is no 64bit problem

@Bluestar, Puzzle has the same problem in previously version because on totalcmd.net realize date is (30.12.2014) but file date is (03.08.2014), just add crc check (CRC:69CD0662) like for others problematic files & will be ok.

Unfortunately I don't really remember what was with DiskDirExtended (CRC:038C4292) from previously version :/
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

The last fix for DiskDir Extended was only for the 32-bit plugin. Thus, only this one was released as version 1.6.8.0. 64-bit still stays at 1.6.7.0. Maybe you have both installed in parallel and Total Updater is detecting the 64-bit plugin?
No, this is on my Windows XP 32 bit machine - no 64 bit version installed.
License #524 (1994)