English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

difference between cm_NetShareDir and cm_NetUnshareDir

Post by *Sheepdog »

2all

Is there actual a difference between the commands cm_NetShareDir and cm_NetUnshareDir? As I could see they open both only the windows dialouge to share or unshare the current folder (I've tried i XP and Win98). Does anyone know more about it .

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Clo

One is useless---

Post by *Clo »

2Sheepdog
:) Hello Stefan !
• You're right, to have these two commands doesn't make sense. I didn't noticed that before, because I use the entry "Share..." of the right-click local menu. It might be better :
* either that these two commands work like they would, one directly to share the item on the network, the other to unshare it directly too,
* or to have a single command to call the dialog-box, someting like cm_OpenShareDialog

:mrgreen: V G
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The reason is that these were two different functions on Windows 3.1 and older NT versions, but these functions were removed by Microsoft from later Windows versions, so all I can do now is show the properties dialog...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

ghisler(Author) wrote:The reason is that these were two different functions on Windows 3.1 and older NT versions, but these functions were removed by Microsoft from later Windows versions, so all I can do now is show the properties dialog...
Fine, I guessed something like this but I wanted to know.

Thanks for the reply

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

ghisler(Author) wrote:The reason is that these were two different functions on Windows 3.1 and older NT versions, but these functions were removed by Microsoft from later Windows versions, so all I can do now is show the properties dialog...
If (and only if) there are any plans to remove the "duplicates" in the future Christian, I would appreciate mentioning the change in the history.txt file. Same applies for internal commands: cm_VersionInfo (510) and cm_Properties (1003). Thanks!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

ghisler(Author) wrote:so all I can do now is show the properties dialog...
It would be good if Sharing tab would open automatically. On my WinXP SP1 the General tab is opened. Am I alone?
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Same here.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

There is no function to open the sharing tab, except for sending Ctrl+Tab keystrokes to the dialog - but this will not work when there are property sheet shell extensions...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com