Imagine Version 0.9.0.0 beta 7

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Vansumsen
Power Member
Power Member

Imagine Version 0.9.0.0 beta 7

Post by *Vansumsen »

Current latest WIP(work in progress) version of Imagine is:
Version 0.9.0.0 beta 7 (20050122)
- Supports TC 6.5 thumbnail mode.

Available
Here

Thanks Nyam !

Paul
Ouistiti, #11943

L'important n'est pas de convaincre, mais de donner à réfléchir.
The important thing is not to convince, but to incite to think.

Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Good news! My favourite Lister plugin now supports thumbnails - great! Thanks nyam!
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

Where to see its support of thumbnails?
Edit: I got it.

BTW, do you think its own thumbnails part a little redundant?
Last edited by Raymond on 2005-01-22, 16:52 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

I have installed jpegthumbs plug-in by Christian and the latest Imagine (by Nyam) which supports thumbnails. I have
active the setting "Get from Lister plugins for" in the Loading Thumbnails section. Which of the two plug-ins is
actually called to do the thumbnail extraction? Is this related with the order the two plug-ins are listed on the
WLX configurations? Thanks!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Clo

TC was late---

Post by *Clo »

2Raymond
:) Hello !
BTW, do you think its own thumbnails part a little redundant?
- The thumb-nail feature has been added in “Imagine” much before the TC 6.5 ß-tests have begun !
:mrgreen:  Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Clo
The thumb-nail feature has been added in “Imagine” much before the TC 6.5 ß-tests have begun !
That's right. On the other hand it has been added to Imagine long after thumbnail view has been announced for TC 6.5.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2pdavit
I have installed jpegthumbs plug-in by Christian and the latest Imagine (by Nyam) which supports thumbnails. I have
active the setting "Get from Lister plugins for" in the Loading Thumbnails section. Which of the two plug-ins is
actually called to do the thumbnail extraction? Is this related with the order the two plug-ins are listed on the
WLX configurations? Thanks!
Imagine is still a Lister plugin. The order follows the same rules as if it's displayed in a Lister window. The only difference is you can't press 4 to see another image provided by another plugin for the same file :-)
Raymond

Re: TC was late---

Post by *Raymond »

Clo wrote: The thumb-nail feature has been added in “Imagine” much before the TC 6.5 ß-tests have begun !
I know that, actually i've been following every beta of its v0.9.
I mean now that TC 6.5 already has thumbnail support, its own thumbnail feature isn't a little unnecessary?
Just a thought.
Clo

Not a big deal---

Post by *Clo »

2Raymond
- The viewers like XnView, UniView, IrfanView which can work with TC have all their own thumb-nail feature…
Hence, since “Imagine” is too a standalone program by its EXE, I guess that Nyam wished this feature, to get the same than the "Big" well known other image-viewers ;)
In anyway, TC has not hardcoded features to show thumb-nails by itself without any other program / plugin…
If some users don't wish to display the tumb-nails as a panel-view, they can ever view them via Imagine in Lister. Not a big deal, finally! :D

:mrgreen: K R
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

@nyam:
Icon bug is still not fixed for several months now. It seems like I was talking to a parking meter permanently. Well, not me only unfortunetely. ;)

Your plugin is still very nice, although you have started to develop it in the direction of a (bad) alternative to IrfanView or XnView instead of making it the best and bugfree TC picture viewer plugin first, and as you don't show any interest in bug reports at all (feature requests like mouse wheel support seem to be uninteresting for you anyway for whatever reason) I'll give it up now, it just looks like a waste of time.

Maybe someone else with a more korean way of thinking can reach you on a higher level of meditation?

Good luck to anyone who wants to try it and good luck to you, nyam. I just wait for your picture viewer going shareware in the end.

Icfu
This account is for sale
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Lefteous wrote:Imagine is still a Lister plugin.
So, as jpegthumbs. Christian's readme file reads: "Just install the plugin, it will then be used automatically in thumbnails view mode."

Now, this normally means that thumbnails will use jpegthumbs for extraction and not Imagine. But normal viewing and
quick viewing uses Imagine. So, having both installed and having the Lister plug-in extraction ON uses which of
the two plug-ins for extraction? That's the thing that confuses me!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

icfu wrote:...as you don't show any interest in bug reports at all...
That is true but following his forum for some time has given me the impression that Nyam has a limited free time
to work on Imagine (stressful studies or something). So, I guess we should give him the benefit of the doubt.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Well, Clo has mentioned the icon bug (orange/blue bug + quotation marks bug) about half a year ago IIRC. It's so simple to fix that time is not an argument here.

Patience is good, no problem, but when there is no reaction at all and in the meantime other features are constantly added, what could be the reason?

Some minutes ago I checked the new version of SGviewer, it has mouse wheel support and Open with ability, enough to make me happy in no time.

In the end it's just a matter of taste. My taste is that I need a fast viewer plugin for TC with basic operations and not an alternative to IrfanView/XnView because those apps are already very good. Yes, context menu support is a nifty feature, too, but as I am already using the unbeatable Context Viewer and Imagine shell extension crashes explorer.exe it's just another addition/bug I don't need.

So, no offense at nyam, just a little helplessness. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

To Clo
I see. When I think of Imagine a totally integrated and small TC plugin maybe Nyam think differently.
Anyway, only Nyam is the one to decide.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

pdavit,
So, having both installed and having the Lister plug-in extraction ON uses which of
the two plug-ins for extraction?
It's determined by the plugin order. You can easily find out yourself - just place JpegThumbs before Imagine and you'll see the JPGs are extracted fast again. ;)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.