Total Updater 0.8.6.9 - Total Commander & plugin updater

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Nasemann

Post by *Nasemann »

@Bluestar:

1. You're right, I'm using AVAST Internet Security.

2. Unfortunately Avast does not provide a whitelist functionality. I opened all ports for TU in the Firewall and Avast reporting doesn't show any blocked data in conjunction with TU.

3. I get the message "Error: No internet connection / invalid proxy settings."

Regards,
Ralf
Gruss,
Ralf
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@Nasemann:
Thats strange, you're the first one to report such issue - I've sent you a mail with a somewhat modified test version of TU, could you please copy the whole content of the upper (top right) log box to see using which methods is it able to grab information from the internet?

I have a strong suspicion that Avast is causing most of the troubles there, but I can't test it any further at the moment. Since you haven't replied to the 1st part of my initial comment regarding this problem, I guess you can browse the internet using Internet Explorer without problems (any misconfigured proxy / other inappropriate settings in IE could cause symptoms like this).

There's an Exclusion list in Avast, did you add TU to its list & have you tried using the software with all the IS (AV+FW) modules completely turned off?

Regards,
Bluestar
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
Nasemann

Post by *Nasemann »

Problem solved !

I've absolutely no clue how this issue could happen but I would like to let you know what the reason for this problem was and that it has been solved now:

I installed Avast Internet Security and actived it's firewall. At the same time I disabled Windows own Firewall. When the previous described problem occured for the first time, I opened every port for the two addresses Bluestar mentioned and put them on every White list in Avast I could found, but that didn't help.

After many different attemps to make it work I switched off Avast's firewall and turned on Windows Firewall again - nothing happens.

Then I reactivated the disabled Windows 7 Firewall Control (3rd party product) and it showed that TU was blocked in Windows Firewall (although it was turned off !). After enabling it in this tool TU worked immediately.

What I absolutely don't understand is that this blocked Network traffic was neither shown in any Avast nor in any Windows reporting.

@Bluestar: However, thanks a lot for your great support and appologise for the trouble I caused !

Kind reagrds,
Ralf
Gruss,
Ralf
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Great news Nasemann, glad to hear you finally managed to solve this mysterious case! :D

Thanks for reporting it & for describing what the reason of the problem was in details.

Best regards,
Bluestar
Bluestar

Total Updater 0.7.7

Post by *Bluestar »

[face=tahoma]Total Updater v0.7.7 (Stable)

The just-released version improves the application startup speed as well as the online package name detection and the version auto-correction features, which have been introduced in the previous versions. Some other bugs have been fixed too, and last but not least it contains an updated Lithuanian language file.

Update is strongly recommended!
(read the changelog for more info...)

:arrow: Download | 03-06-2013 | MD5 (exe): b382a3d178bc437adefca7c8a70c72ec

Changelog:

* New: Updated Lithuanian language (thanks to Dalius Guţauskas (Tichij))
* Change: added 45 new items to the Internal Plugin Database
* Change: added 13 new items to the checksum database
* Change: startup speed has been enhanced (runtime form creation, code optimization)
* Change: improved & much faster retrieve of online package names (feature introduced in 0.7.5)
* Fixed: an Access Violation error in case neither "TOTALCMD.exe" nor "TOTALCMD64.exe" exists in the main TC folder
* Fixed: save the corrected version number not just on "Search for updates" but when pressing F2 key (or choosing "Refresh")
* Fixed: possible inappropriate Addon Info dialog caption in case the plugin list selection lost focus
* Fixed: incorrect action when pressing Ctrl + A hotkey if focus is on the UserDB tab's listview
[/face]

P.S.: The first public beta version of 0.8.x series containing important changes under the hood is coming soon - stay tuned!
pantantrolla

Post by *pantantrolla »

tbeu wrote:
tbeu wrote:3) When I click Search for Updates it opens a list.txt in notepad.
Thanks, it is gone now.

Sorry for my English.

I also occurre that when I click on Check for updates list.txt is opened in Notepad (with windows 8 )

regards
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Hi pantantrolla, thanks for your remark!

This issue may still persist in case some external software / the user has manually overruled the original Windows registry setting to open ".txt" files with an associated software, instead of rendering them directly in the browser. The next version of Total Updater won't rely on the IE engine (EWB component is totally dropped), so there won't be similar issues.

A workaround until it arrives:

If you open regedit and modify the "Content Type" string's value under "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.txt" to "text/plain", it should work flawlessly.

Regards,
Bluestar
pantantrolla

Post by *pantantrolla »

Bluestar wrote:Hi pantantrolla, thanks for your remark!

This issue may still persist in case some external software / the user has manually overruled the original Windows registry setting to open ".txt" files with an associated software, instead of rendering them directly in the browser. The next version of Total Updater won't rely on the IE engine (EWB component is totally dropped), so there won't be similar issues.
Thanks, I'll wait then the next versions. :)
Bluestar wrote: A workaround until it arrives:

If you open regedit and modify the "Content Type" string's value under "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.txt" to "text/plain", it should work flawlessly.
That seems to not work either for me. Thanks for you time.

regards
Bluestar

Total Updater 0.8 BETA 1

Post by *Bluestar »

[face=tahoma]Total Updater v0.8 Beta 1

The new version no longer relies on IE core: the EmbeddedWB component has been totally dropped from the project.

Now it supports downloading over SSL connection (you just need to download the latest zip from this site & put "libeay32.dll" and "ssleay32.dll" files into Total Updater's folder), as well as downloading files from totalcmd.pl. From now on TU also supports filtering the list of plugins (Ctrl + S); the sorting has been enhanced, and it contains several other fixes and improvements.

Update is recommended - you can use the latest stable version if you encounter any problem!
(read the changelog for more info...)

:arrow: Download | 14-06-2013 | MD5 (exe): 8d05e10bcbe2734142427754163cd564

Changelog:

* New: Hotkey support Ctrl + S - search / filter the list of plugins
* New: Automatically try to get the system proxy on first start & apply it for the application
* New: Support downloading over SSL: you simply need to put "libeay32.dll" and "ssleay32.dll" files to the utility's directory
[http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL - just choose the latest (x86/x64 package) and unzip the two files mentioned above to TU's directory]
* New: TU is now capable of downloading files from totalcmd.pl server ("DirectLink" needs to be filled properly with its ID)
* New: From now on you can set e.g. "$12" value as DirectLink ($ = totalcmd.pl package IDentifier, 12 = VirtualDisk)
* New: Send links to a download manager (currently supports IDM) instead of using the built-in downloader
* Change: updated Indy to the latest available (10.6.0.5011) version
* Change: the EWB component has been dropped from the project, now it uses IdHttp to catch all data
* Change: using more flexible & complex regexp match to find current Total Commander version number
* Change: sort the items by their filename/online package name (instead of path) on start of the utility
* Change: from now on you can switch language without reloading the whole plugin list
* Change: replaced all previous totalcmd.pl absolute URI's to its appropriate "$ID" version
* Change: from now on the Infobox dialog can be closed from any tab by pressing Ctrl + Q
* Change: removed the ini setting "UseProxyOnlyForDL" as the software no longer relies on IE core
* Change: code cleanups & optimizations, removed obsolete units
* Change: added new translation strings to the ENG language file
* Fixed: no more hangs when one of the hosts can not be found (timeout wasn't properly set)
* Fixed: block requesting another plugin's information when a query is already in progress
* Fixed: an Access Violation when clicking on any of the buttons inside the Infobox if the selection is lost
* Fixed: the Infobox tried to query each item's data when selecting a group header (it caused slow refreshing)
* Fixed: unicode encoding problem on the Addon Info dialog (only the description field was affected)
* Fixed: expanding environment variables right when adding full paths to the exclusion list
* Fixed: watch only for wmRead action when updating the progressbar state on downloading file
* Fixed: the Author homepage always opened twice by choosing it from the popup menu
* Fixed: close & start button state could become disabled/enabled in some special cases when downloading is still active
* Fixed: vertical position of the Download dialog's right click popupmenu on first start (with clean ini)
* Fixed: the Ctrl + A hotkey was not working correctly for the Download path edit box on Configuration tab
* Fixed: a lot of other issues
[/face]

Edit: the language file has been updated on the server as well.

@pantantrolla: Could you please test if it works fine for you now?

Regards,
Bluestar
Gerby

Post by *Gerby »

Hi Bluestar!

Thanks for another new version! :)
Bluestar wrote:Edit: the language file has been updated on the server as well.
Could it be that the new strings are not yet used in v0.8 Beta 1?

Greetings
Gerby
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Hi Gerby,

You're welcome. :)

Some of the new strings are used for the error messages, but since most of them refers to some function of the Update method which is about to be implemented, they're just included in the file but not used in this version yet. This way the translators can update their own language file with the new strings & when the function arrives, hopefully it is going to have localized ones for most of the languages.

Regards,
Bluestar
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Bluestar

Which one of the zips form http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/ are we supposed to use? openssl-1.0.1e-i386-win32.zip ?

Danish translation for v.8.0beta1 can be downloaded at http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/TotalUpdater_v0_8_beta1_Danish.zip
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
pantantrolla

Re: Total Updater 0.8 BETA 1

Post by *pantantrolla »

Bluestar wrote: @pantantrolla: Could you please test if it works fine for you now?

Regards,
Bluestar

Perfect, it works all ok, thanks .

Regards,
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

Hi Bluestar!
Ukrainian translation avialable at this link.
I regularly update it after Total Updater releases, so you can add link to bookmark and check new langfile before next releases.
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@petermad:
Currently the openssl-1.0.1e-i386-win32.zip is the one Total Updater has been tested with - its x64 version should work as well.

Thanks for the updated translation, however somehow it seems its checksum value is equal to its previous version ("28-03-2013").
May it be the case that a wrong link has been pasted here? I've tried cleaning the cache and all, without any success...

@pantantrolla:
Oh, so nice to hear the issue has gone, thanks for testing it! 8)

@LonerD:
Bookmark added - thanks for your work, just embedded your latest lng file into the next version!

Regards,
Bluestar