Unpack from this level down

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bloodlust8

Unpack from this level down

Post by *bloodlust8 »

Could a option to unpack from this directory downwards only option be added when trying to run and application inside a compressed file.

IE... lets say i have a 100mb zip file and in there is a file called
"SomeZip.zip\Custom Psp Theme Pack 4\Custom Volume Edits\impose_plugin 2.exe" and in that directory it has about 7 other directories with files that are needed to run the app.

So when I run the app and ask it only to extract from this directory downwards it will only extract this directory/files and its associated 7 dir's/files and there dirs etc.. so that I don't need to extract the entire 100mb zip file just to run this single app which in total is about 1mb.

Just a thought, is all.

Using tc 7.0 pb1
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to TC 7 beta discussion forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hi.

I guess you know that T.C. handles archive files like folders?!

So no new option is needed to extract only required files and folders from an archive, no matter how large it is.
Just mark the folders the setup programme needs and extract them to the target folder. Then launch the setup programme from the target folder.
No big hassle. :)

Karl
--
P.S.:
Unrelated to your request: the current beta is pb1 no longer, but rc1 at the time of writing this. :wink: