Cannot scroll "Compare by content"

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Cannot scroll "Compare by content"

Post by *ts4242 »

How to reproduce:
------------------
1. compare two different files.
2. set "Compare by contents" panels above each other.
3. move the divider to 100.0% or 0.0%

Now the current position will lost and jump to the beginning of the file and you cannot scroll using mouse or keyboard.

you can scroll again only if one panel shows at least one line

I started TC with fresh wincmd.ini and got the same result!

Win XP-SP2/ TC 7.02a
Clo

Worse here

Post by *Clo »

2ts4242

:) Hello !

• Confirmed. It's even worse here, since when the divider is set to “0”, it disappears totally
and I'm unable to catch it in order to enlarge the panel again (Win9x theme)…
- Besides, I had to change by hand in the INI file to fix that, or else my compare function should remain unusable.
- Obviously, something is missing by there, let's say a kind of “stop”
beyond which it could be impossible to move the divider or so.
- Here, the defect stays -even whether I switch to the juxtaposed layout- as well when it's got.

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2Clo

:) Hello!

here i can catch the divider when it is 0% by moving the mouse carefuly above the path edit (Win9x and XP default blue theme)
Clo

Per mille

Post by *Clo »

2ts4242

:) Again…

• You lucky ! Here I can't get the –||– cursor in the case… But still, I use the 120 DPI option in TC !

• Aside, let's notice that the position is given as in the INI (like for all dividers, I guess), so writing “20” in the INI
while it's “0” makes that only the 2/3 of a line is visible. But it's sufficient to catch the divider again, though…
• That leads to think that - whether it could't be fixed for all cases¦themes - it's worth an INI entry like i.e. :
[1024×768 (10×20)]
CompareDividerMinMax=30,970
- Defines the stops of the divider to avoid it turns hidden and prevents to scroll the visible file (in ).
:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Last edited by Clo on 2007-10-04, 23:02 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed it's currently not supported, sorry. I haven't found a way yet to add empty lines at the end of the file automatically when the user moves the divider.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Clo

"Stops" in INI

Post by *Clo »

2ghisler(Author)

:) Good evening,

• Do you think that limits via an INI entry like above are possible ?
- Doing so, there is no need to add anything in the file…

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2>Ghisler

I have an idea but i don't know if it will help!

The problem is that, if a panel height is less than the current font height (one line), you cannot scroll it and as a result the second panel scrolling stop too, So after the user release the divider, temporary stop scroll synchronize if you found a panel height is less than the current font height, by this way you can scroll the higher panel.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That's exactly the problem, that's why I would need to add more empty lines at the end to allow scrolling. The problem is that when I add too many such empty lines, you could scroll both files far beyond the end...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Clo

A try ?

Post by *Clo »

2ghisler(Author)

:) Good evening,
…The problem is that when I add too many such empty lines, you could scroll both files far beyond the end...
• Hence, why not “stops” as a workaround like proposed above ? If feasible, it's worth a try, I guess…

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo