\\\LAN bug ??

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ianl8888

\\\LAN bug ??

Post by *ianl8888 »

After several forum discussions, I've tentatively decided there may be a bug in the \\\Lan plugin.

One can create a shortcut to a LAN directory on another PC when the LAN is available. This is relatively simple from <new server>, as the author intended.

But dragging a copy of this to the button bar (and then assigning an icon to the "invisible man") does not produce a working shortcut on the button bar, just an icon that gives the message " file xxxx cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found ..."

As I understand it, this button bar icon is simply a copy of the shortcut created in the main screen, and the main screen shortcut works OK.
ianl8888

Re: \\\LAN bug ??

Post by *ianl8888 »

ianl8888 wrote:After several forum discussions, I've tentatively decided there may be a bug in the \\\Lan plugin.

One can create a shortcut to a LAN directory on another PC when the LAN is available. This is relatively simple from <new server>, as the author intended.

But dragging a copy of this to the button bar (and then assigning an icon to the "invisible man") does not produce a working shortcut on the button bar, just an icon that gives the message " file xxxx cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found ..."

As I understand it, this button bar icon is simply a copy of the shortcut created in the main screen, and the main screen shortcut works OK.
Author Ghisler has corrected my syntax.

The button bar now works perfectly.