Request: delete folder to recycle bin as folder, not files

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jdmarch

Request: delete folder to recycle bin as folder, not files

Post by *jdmarch »

When one deletes a folder in Explorer, the folder appears in the Recycle Bin as a folder. When one deletes a folder in TC, it appears in the Recycle Bin as many individual files. There are advantages and disadvantages to either method, but I would like to be able to make that choice myself when deleting a folder.

Thanks!
WatchUer

Post by *WatchUer »

Edit the wincmd.ini file, find Win95Delete, and change its value from 0 to 1, it'll works, I just checked. :)

You can find this info in the help file, wincmd.ini section.
norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-10, 21:32 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
jdmarch

Post by *jdmarch »

> Win95Delete
> delete with context menu (shift+F10)

Thanks, Watchuer and norfie!

Are there any performance or reliability problems with using the Explorer method to delete files? (i.e. Win95Delete = 1) or is the choice of delete method only determined by one's preference whether the files are listed individually or by folder in the Recycle Bin?

Slightly off topic, speaking of the recycle bin and performance: has anyone else experienced in Win2000, starting I think with SP2, and continuing now into SP4, that when one deletes thousands of files from the Explorer recycle bin, that Explorer goes into a very lengthy cycle of refreshing and redrawing the window, sometimes lasting for as long as 30 minutes? The hourglass is on for almost the entire time, but every few minutes the hourglass is absent for about 1/2 second. If I exit the recycle bin at that moment, it will exit immediately, and I can then reopen the recycle with no problem.

(I use the Explorer recycle bin more than TC's because it's more useful for me to be able to sort on the pathname. If Christian would implement an optional column for "path", I could kiss Explorer good-by!)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Are there any performance or reliability problems with using the Explorer method to delete files? (i.e. Win95Delete = 1) or is the choice of delete method only determined by one's preference whether the files are listed individually or by folder in the Recycle Bin?
The Explorer method doesn't handle descript.ions.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Jancio

Post by *Jancio »

WatchUer wrote:Edit the wincmd.ini file, find Win95Delete, and change its value from 0 to 1, it'll works, I just checked. :)

You can find this info in the help file, wincmd.ini section.
Unfortunately, there is no such line in the file :cry:
Jancio
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Jancio wrote: Unfortunately, there is no such line in the file :cry:
Just add the line to the ini file under section [Configuration] yourself :-) .
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl