Copy to multiple destinations using folder tabs

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ykhabins

Copy to multiple destinations using folder tabs

Post by *ykhabins »

Is it possible to copy/move file(s) to multiple destinations/folders using folder tabs in one shot?

1) I am trying to drag and drop a file to an empty space in the tab header. Alas, it creates just a new tab.
2) If I am trying to drag and drop a file to a panel it works, but it defeats the purpose. In this case I have to repeat it switching between multiple panels one after another.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

Drag and drop on the tab header will copy it to the according current tab folder. No need to switch the panel.

But I agree with you : Copy to all tabs at once would be a nice option.
(e.g. copy same KB article to OS specific folder, updated license text to every product, ... assumed according tabs preset provided)
#5767 Personal license
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Already suggested to have a checklistbox somewhere in the copy/move dialogs to choose which tabs to copy from/to.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

I just acquired a new situation where this option would be wonderful. Perhaps a dialog that would list the available tabs and allow a toggle for copying to each one.

In the meantime, I am tempted to write a little such "Broadcast copy" utility myself.
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric