Underline for ALT keys

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Underline for ALT keys

Post by *Boofo »

is there a way to have TC show the underlined characters for the ALT Keys (in the Top menu row) automatically whenever TC is started up without having to use the keys first?
Leif

Re: Underline for ALT keys

Post by *Leif »

Boofo wrote:is there a way to have TC show the underlined characters for the ALT Keys (in the Top menu row) automatically whenever TC is started up without having to use the keys first?
Not just for TC, I think. It's either underlined or not for the whole of Windows. Right click Desktop - Properties - Layout - Effects (last item) ---- rough translation from Swedish XP.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Thank you, sir. That took care of it. I must have looked at those settings a thousand times and never really read them. LOL

That would be a good option to add to TC though, so you don't have to turn it on Windows wide.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Boofo wrote:That would be a good option to add to TC though, so you don't have to turn it on Windows wide.
That is and remains a Windows feature, I don't think it will ever be an option in TC.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Too bad. Oh, well, I can always go the route Leif gave me. Thanks again, Leif. ;)
Coco

Post by *Coco »

Hi Boofo,

I think this is the only way
Why do you want to see the underline letter in tc and not in windows itself ? :D
Alain
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Because I use TC more than Windows. I guess having it in Windows doesn't really matter if I don't use it, huh? ;)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

Boofo wrote:Because I use TC more than Windows. I guess having it in Windows doesn't really matter if I don't use it, huh? ;)
:shock: Total Commander is an application for the Microsoft Windows operating system.
:arrow: You cannot run Total Commander without running the Microsoft Windows operating system. :wink:
:arrow: The time you are running the Microsoft Windows operating system is always >= the time you are running Total Commander :P

The mnemonic setting is a system wide setting. It affects all applications. You have to set it one time.
Boofo
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Boofo »

Thanks for pointing that out to me, Lefteous. I guess I've been figuring it all wrong up to now. ;)