You can download it from www.ghisler.com
This is a public pre-release version! Please be careful, especially when using the new functions!
Please report bugs here in the new TC 8.5 beta bug report forum, ONE BUG PER MESSAGE!
- Support unpacking of more archive formats: 7zip, new RAR5 format, as well as -lh6- and -lh7- (LHA)
- RAR with encrypted file names: Show archive content after entering password
- Pack/unpack files: Option to remember last entered password until TC is minimized, Windows goes to standby, or the screen saver starts
- Support for touch screen devices: Tap on icons to select files, long tap to open context menu
- Support for high resolution screens (high DPI)
- Drive drop-down list (Alt+F1/Alt+F2): Show links to "My Computer" and "My Documents" Configurable via. ShowExtraDrives in wincmd.ini
- Drive drop-down list (Alt+F1/Alt+F2): Open context menu directly in the list without choosing a drive first
- Show exclamation mark to the left of some options as a warning, e.g. that files may not go where the user expects them to go, like during copying from branch view, or when packing and unpacking
- Show file size and last modified time also in virtual folders like connected MTP devices like Android phones/tablets
- Select and copy related files, e.g. *.jpg > crw*.cr2 selects/copies raw files only if there is a related .jpg file
- F5 copy: First copy all files where the user doesn't need to be asked and skip all with errors, ask at the end
- F5 copy: Option to verify files after copying them.
- F5 copy: Option to keep paths relative to current folder while in branch view (Ctrl+B)
- Alt+F5 pack: New option to leave out the names of the selected folders when packing each folder to a separate archive
- F8 Delete: Only warn at the end if folders couldn't be deleted
- F8 Delete: Always use new delete method when VistaDelete isn't set in wincmd.ini, but show our own delete confirmation dialog if the system dialog is disabled
- Search function: Search for text supports any combination of ANSI, ASCII, UTF-16, UTF-8 Unicode and office XML/EPUB at the same time
- Search function: Skip a folder by clicking on its name in the status line (with confirmation). Also allows to just pause the search
- Search function: Open in separate process via Alt+Shift+F7, so TC can still be used during the search
- Search function: "Feed to listbox" also when searching in archives, on FTP servers and file system plugins
- Search for duplicate files: Search by plugin fields, e.g. name parts, file extension etc.
- Search for duplicate files, Feed to listbox: New dialog box to select files inside the groups of duplicates, e.g. by newest, oldest etc.
- Compare by content: "Resync comparison from here" now also works after editing the files
- FTP/file system plugins: When editing a file with F4, the file will automatically be re-uploaded when saved in the edfitor. No need to close the editor any more. Change via Edit/View options.
- Button bar: Support multiple internal and/or user-defined commands on a single button e.g. cm_SelectAll,cm_Copy
- New wincmd.ini options CopyLinks and IgnoreLinks to handle file system links
- Verify CRC checksums: Also support SHA512 format
- Progress dialog: Show number of files/bytes in more functions. Switch to files/bytes remaining by clicking on the numbers
- Improved background copy dialog: Show number of copied and selected files and bytes, add button "Foreground"
- Show hidden/system files now split into separate options for hidden and system
- Option to get more items in various history lists, set via wincmd.ini: HistoryLen for directory history, OldCmdLineCount for command line. MaxItemsInComboBox for comboboxes in F7 New Folder, Alt+F7 Search, Num+ select files etc.
- Lister, right click menu: Directly search for selected text via Google in default browser (configurable)
As usual, the update is free for all registered users.