WiFi direct

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Charly

WiFi direct

Post by *Charly »

Hi,

is there any way to send data with the TC per wifi-direct to an other member ?

I have connected 2 identical smartphones with wifi direct and the wifi status shows that the two devices are connected.
But in TC i havened seen any possibility to send files to the other smartphone.

Is there any possibility to send data per TC over wifi direct ?

If not, i think it would be a cool feature for the TC, because the speed per wifi should be much higher than blutooth.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You will need to install some kind of server component on one of the smartphones so you can connect from the other.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hammillian7

Samba works on my mobile (THL W8s)

Post by *Hammillian7 »

I don't intend to make any publicity here, but to help. If this message is undesired, please remove it. I think this could be a good reference for many of how to setup a direct and fast Wifi connection between 2 (or more) mobiles:

I use Samba file sharing on my (rooted) THL W8S mobile (with JellyBean). Then, I run the Samba Network filesharer and "Enable filesharing"; I activate the W8S Wifi Zone. Then, from an older mobile (a Galaxy S SCL) (not rooted and with Gingerbread) I connect to the Wifi published by the W8S. Then, from the TC in the SCL and the LAN plugin, I configure a connection (by name) to the W8S server. With this one, I can enter the W8S file system on one TC pane. Ah: and the copying preserves file dates! (which is a strong requirement for me). Edit_131229: Sorry for my bad memory: It doesn't: The Windows TC Lan plugin client does preserve file dates in both directions, but the Android one sets the current date instead, in both directions.

Of course, I can do it equally on a PC with the PC TC Lan plugin, instead of on the SCL.

Good luck.

Jose