[Feature Suggestion] TC Address Bar Options

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Valentino,
I meant only one Lclick or Ldblclick, after Windows evaluates what the user has just done. That would of course mean that a Lclick would take as much as a Ldblclick, but you were asking what other way it would be possible. :)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
jb

Post by *jb »

Valentino wrote:There's no such event as "click". There are the following events: lbuttondown, lbuttonup and lbuttondblclk. If user double clicks, Windows produces the following sequence of messages:
lbuttondown
lbuttonup
lbuttondblclk
If TC activated EditPath feature on lbuttonup, then double click would activate both EditPath and DirHotList. That's why this delay is needed.
Even if you're not a programmer think yourself: how can Windows predict (after first click) if user is going to make second click in the next moment or not?
I recognize that my idea of the click event is not directly supported by Windows. My idea was that a click event is defined as the moment when a mouse button is back in the upper position exactly for a certain period of time (double-click delay). I assumed this because in my opinion it would make sense and because some years ago I encountered a kind of click event in Visual Basic (which is not my preferred programming language btw). Now I learned that the application receives more elementary events and must figure out the click event by itself.

Nevertheless there remains one point I addressed in my previous post: The double-click speed (delay) is specified on system level, but TC seems to ignore it. Try it out! If you set 'Double-click speed' to 'Fast' (maximum) then the delay is so short (100ms) that it is quite difficult to produce a double-click event at all, but TC always takes about one second to enter the edit mode in the title bar. So TC waits longer than necessary.
BTW: The double-click speed is stored in the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse\DoubleClickSpeed" and its range seems to be 100..900ms.
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

jb wrote:but TC seems to ignore it
Yes, seems so.
jb wrote:Try it out! If you set 'Double-click speed' to 'Fast' (maximum) then the delay is so short (100ms) that it is quite difficult to produce a double-click event at all
Yeah, it's so funny! I clicked as a mad clicker a minute or so, almost broke my mouse, but couldn't produce any double click! :D Is there someone with so fast fingers who can do this?