This forum uses cookies. Click X button to hide this message. What is stored? / Privacy
Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you Utilizing Total Commander ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Total Commander (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aksmfakt132

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: How do you Utilizing Total Commander ? Reply with quote

Utilizing Total Commander

How do you use Total Commander
I replaced all of Windows's default explorer with Total Commander.
In almost every respect, the total command is easy.
Other uses of Total Commander include easy renaming, fast image viewing, and very convenient sound previewing.
What are some other good uses?
alphonse68

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi aksmfakt132

I am no means an expert in TC, so what I can pass on to you is probably only the tip of the iceberg.

You can look at TC as an ALL-customizable file manager... I mean, just about everything is customizable... the menus, the button bar, the columns, the directory hotlist, you can "program" buttons to execute just about any command imaginable or other programs, file panes that can display in different modes ... and the list goes on.

There is also a command line and with plug-ins you can view just about any file format or get info about any file format.

There is a great Help file in the install folder which can teach about the program and the configuration file, and a wiki web page, AND one of the Best support forums anywhere. The version History.txt file is also a helpful learning tool--I search for ADDED.

There are also a couple of sites, including this one (https://www.ghisler.com/addons.htm) where you can find lots of fully functional add-ons or plug-ins. The Keyboard.txt file is a great place to get ideas of TC's many functions, not only to learn keyboard shortcuts.

Take your time... start by learning how to do the things that you need and want to do, then explore... it will take time because there is so much you can do!!!

Welcome to the world of Total Command... and
CHEERS!!

PS - I almost forgot... please read the forum rules and make good use of the great search engine this site has.
aksmfakt132

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alphonse68 wrote:

I already knew it
But Just, I do not use it.
I have listed some really useful features
The functions you mentioned might be useful, but not to me.
whytea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think using TotalCmd as a program launcher is very handy. Double clicking on a file will launch the default application associated to the file type, but you can also drag and drop the file to an alternative application on a TotalCmd button.

One very handy way to diff two text files is to pick two files and then launch a diff-er application such as meld. (Of course you can use the inbuilt diff-er if you prefer Smile)

/Y.T.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Total Commander (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: