One question and one suggestion <---- that rhymes

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sybariten

One question and one suggestion <---- that rhymes

Post by *sybariten »

OK... basicly i'd like to know if it's possible to search over several drives. What i want to do is to look for duplicate files on two drives, say C: and D: .... normally when i look for dupes i do a search with the advanced feature "search for duplicates" or whatever its called, but i cant see how to do this so that directories on different volumes are looked into.

Then i have a small idea, wouldnt it be cool to have a "MakeTorrent"-plugin that would make a bittorrent file out of a selected file or dir ... ?

/ have a nice one
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Re: One question and one suggestion <---- that rhymes

Post by *pdavit »

sybariten wrote:basicly i'd like to know if it's possible to search over several drives.
Just separate your starting directories using ";" in the <Search in> field. So, in your case it should be: C:\;D:\ or even simpler C:;D:
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
sybariten

Re: One question and one suggestion <---- that rhymes

Post by *sybariten »

pdavit wrote:
sybariten wrote:basicly i'd like to know if it's possible to search over several drives.
Just separate your starting directories using ";" in the <Search in> field. So, in your case it should be: C:\;D:\ or even simpler C:;D:
Thank you so much! This program only gets better and better...
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

You get the same result when you press "Drives"-button in search dialog and keep Ctrl-Key pressed (or Shift) when clicking on the drives... ;)
You can press F1 in each dialog (drives dialog for example) in TC to directly jump to the correct place in online help, too.

Icfu
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2sybariten
Another way to achieve this is to set a mount point for every volume into a directory (C:\Volumes). Now select the desired volumes and start the search.

Example:
C:\Volumes\Hard Disk 1
C:\Volumes\Hard Disk 2
C:\Volumes\Hard Disk 3
C:\Volumes\Optical 1
C:\Volumes\Optical 2
C:\Volumes\Optical 3
C:\Volumes\Optical 4
C:\Volumes\USB 1

and so on
MacQ

Post by *MacQ »

icfu wrote:You get the same result when you press "Drives"-button in search dialog and keep Ctrl-Key pressed (or Shift) when clicking on the drives... ;)
... or you can just press "local harddisks" above the "ok" button. :D