Shortcut assignment displayed in TC menu automagically

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

igarny

Shortcut assignment displayed in TC menu automagically

Post by *igarny »

Hey guys,
I hope you'll see the merit in having a solution for this challenge.
The case is with shortcut reassignment and TC language menu and maintaining it.... manually

So in principle the file manager is already aware of which key combinations are assigned to which command from the [Shortcuts] section and internally.
Then the items, listed in the TC Language menu are based on the predefined list and subset of those commands.
So I suppose it would be extremely useful to have the shortcut assignments appearing next to the menu items automagically (populated by the TC program) and without having them manually added to the language menu file.

Perhaps at least for the interface of the cm_CommandBrowser

Hopefully not a big challenge... likely with higher impact for new users
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Shortcut assignment displayed in TC menu automagically

Post by *Dalai »

Well, the default shortcuts are written into each .mnu file of the corresponding language. Your suggestion would require all language files to be changed, removing the shortcut strings from them.

Still, it could be useful. Although I see one challenge: Translating the shortcut key names (Ctrl, Alt, Shift) into the language currently used in TC. I've had to deal with this for both of my WFX plugins (and chose not to invest any time).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Shortcut assignment displayed in TC menu automagically

Post by *solid »

Ultra TC editors has a function to add/update all the corresponding shortcuts to items in the main menu. I think it is an option of Hotkeys Editor module.