TC’s 10th Anniversary Celebration!

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

apz

Post by *apz »

regarding window / icon movements, are you sure that you dont have:

- driver settings to smoothe out irregular movements due to possible noise?

- driver settings to speed the movement up? try lowering speed but increasing acceleration, if drivers allow for such play?

- that its not windows preventing you from moving? I believe its a setting in tweakUI to tell it how many pixels an object (window/icon) has to be dragged before its considered to be dragged this is to prevent accidental drags when someone is double clicking (default I think is 3 pixels)

on another note: I had oppourtunity to work with dual led optical mouse. Its job was to work better on wierder patters that the mouse might be moved upon and to have even finer precision. Never had an issue with that mouse.
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

May be you guys need a brach named flame or smth?
Or may be this forum needs more moderators?
Maxwish

Post by *Maxwish »

In other words:
please make a new thread for the discussion of pro's and con's of optical mice. Other people who read this thread are expecting to read about the TC’s 10th Anniversary Celebration.
...BRB...
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

Maxwish wrote:In other words:
please make a new thread for the discussion of pro's and con's of optical mice. Other people who read this thread are expecting to read about the TC’s 10th Anniversary Celebration.
Thank you!!!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

please make a new thread for the discussion of pro's and con's of optical mice.

http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=712

:)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
jb

Post by *jb »

poiuytr wrote:May be you guys need a brach named flame or smth?
Although I don't know what "brach" means, I admit that we digressed a bit, but maybe not purely by accident. After all you could see it as a counterbalance to the pathetic touch of the thread. I think TC is a very good program, but it should not be turned into a religion or something.
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

jb wrote:Although I don't know what "brach" means
Branch. Maybe a bit withered one. :D
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

jb wrote:
poiuytr wrote:May be you guys need a brach named flame or smth?
Although I don't know what "brach" means...
Misprint! i mean "branch" (thread).

All i wanted to say was:
Maxwish wrote:In other words:
I'm sorry if i was impolite.
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

Valentino
You take the lead over me :)
jb

Post by *jb »

poiuytr wrote:...
Misprint! i mean "branch" (thread).
It seems to me that you are constantly in a great rush.
In the first place if you took the time to write exactly what you mean then others (such as Maxwish) need not re-word your statements. And it's not primarily about typos ("misprints"), but clear sentences.

If you read my previous post carefully you might notice two things:
Despite the missing word I got your message so it was completely needless to blow up your response by repeating a post that appeared 5 positions above.
Secondly your typo ("brach") was only the introduction of my post. Actually I made a general statement concerning this thread :!:

BTW:
Don't you think it's about time to update your funny test signature? Or are you too busy for this also?
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

jb wrote:After all you could see it as a counterbalance to the pathetic touch of the thread. I think TC is a very good program, but it should not be turned into a religion or something.

We, humans, do not celebrate events and anniversaries related only to religion you know. ;)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
poiuytr

Post by *poiuytr »

By the way does Christian have some plans about anniversary?
May be some TCMD special edition? :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Currently I don't have any special plans. What would you suggest?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Maxwish

Post by *Maxwish »

Okay, let me begin :)
Until now I have seen idea's like mousepads, cd's with all previous versions, goldplated registrations certificates :), etc

Problem is: this all cost money and who is going to pay for it ? It's Christian's anniversary, so we can't expect him to pay for his own party. I know some of us would be willing to buy these things, but I have an idea that would both be fun and free for everybody:

The TC Logo Competition !!!
A design contest for a new and improved Total Commander Logo and Icons.

Ultimate prize: See your logo in the new TC version!
Benefits: Great improved icons and logo for all users of TC.
Costs: None.

Requirements:
- A list of specifications for the entries: (examples: maximum size, number of colours, only logo and file-icons or also buttonbar-icons ?, etc)
- A temporary forum (or website) where people can submit their designs.
- All registered users can then vote for their favourite design.
- Depending on the number of entries, the top 3, 5 or 10 designs should go to the final.
- in the final everybody can vote again, but Christian has the final word, after all, TC is his product!

I think this won't take too much of Christians time, so this won't distract him from programming TC. Maybe some of us from the forum can setup a external temporary website/forum for the first voting round so Christian would only have to host the final with the best designs here on this forum!

what do you think ?
...BRB...
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *pdavit »

There are many great ideas that can be applied here, what’s important though IMHO is for something timeless since we are talking about an anniversary after all. A certificate can be timeless so as icons and new features for TC. On the other hand though, new features for TC come available throughout the development of TC’s life cycle so that’s an element lacking the timeless attribute. That’s my opinion!

I can see aesthetically features for TC though to become very popular if we are about to start a poll!