Total Updater 0.8.6.9 - Total Commander & plugin updater

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

After installing v. 0.8.5 I get this error message:

---------------------------
Total Commander isn't running!
Total Commander can't be found. Incorrect wincmd.ini path?
OK

TotalUpdater is loaded from TC (8.50b11).

I use this setting in TU: "Load the list from manually given file:" %COMMANDER_PATH%\wincmd.ini

If I change that to the physical path it works - so TU can apparantly no longer read the %COMMANDER_PATH% env. variable
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

@petermad:
Thanks for the detailed report - it was easy to find out that it is related to the following 0.8.5 modification:

Code: Select all

* Fixed: the path of the active "wincmd.ini" didn't get updated on reloading the configuration of Total Updater (Ctrl + R / F5) 
Silent update (rev2) is up, it should now work correctly - sry for the inconveniences.
» Developer of Total Updater & extDir utility.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Bluestar

Confirmed that %COMMANDER_PATH% now works again - Thanks :-)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Bluestar

Total Updater 0.8.6.3 (Stable)

Post by *Bluestar »

[face=tahoma]Total Updater v0.8.6.3 (Stable)

This is the last release of Total Updater. But no reason to shed tears: only in its current form, what you've got used to. :)

The next alpha version is going to be something bigger, something which we have previously been talking about a lot: an application that lets not just to update your plugins, but offers & lets you install new ones as well. It's time to completely redesign the whole GUI (the Configuration dialog should've already been redesigned long ago..), and improve the core functions (most of which already have been prepared to take the next step). ETA (first public version): Q1/Q2 2014

If you'd like to join to the group of beta/alpha testers, please PM me or feel free to write me a mail. Thanks.
(Translators are always going to receive the new private builds via mail)

If you'd like to help me in the development of the future releases, I'd be glad if you'd fill this little survey about TU:

totalupdater.bluesoft.hu/index.php?survey=59dacf2 - thanks for everyone taking the time

As always, update is recommended! (read the changelog for more info...)

:arrow: Download | 10-12-2013 | MD5 (exe): e993cc036412447ac53324cc597319ea

Changelog:

* New: [0.8.6.3] Support for SOCKS4 & SOCKS5 proxy types
* New: [0.8.6.3] You can manually set [Configuration] ProxyType=1 or 2 to set the default proxy type to SOCKS4 (type: 1) or SOCKS5 (type: 2) [default: 0 = http proxy]
* New: Handle one more well-known upload service to download files from: solidfiles.com
* Change: [0.8.6.3] updated Indy to the latest available (10.6.0.5074) version
* Change: [0.8.6.3] readme.txt file has been updated
* Change: [0.8.6.1] enhanced intelligent version detection: added "*change*" file(s) to search & check for version information (e.g. "CadView" plugin)
* Change: [0.8.6.1] added 3 new items to the checksum database
* Change: updated CRC32 hash algorithm which is now much faster (written in assembly)
* Change: enhanced html URL parser function to be more universal
* Change: added 2 new items to the Internal Plugin Database
* Fixed: [0.8.6.3] do not add "TOTALCMD64.exe" file to the list of exclusions (just mark "Do not detect & search updates of TC" instead)
* Fixed: [0.8.6.2] a problem causing sourceforge.net links could not be downloaded using internal download function
* Fixed: [0.8.6.1] one more 'cannot focus a disabled or invisible window' error when "/autostart" parameter is set and "PrcMsgOnLoad=True" has also been defined in TotalUpdater.ini
* Fixed: detection of Total Commander could accidentally get disabled when excluding single items from the list
* Fixed: the main application window kept being in the background after successful database or Total Commander update confirmation dialog appeared
* Fixed: cannot focus a disabled or invisible window error while changing custom path to wincmd.ini on Configuration tab
* Fixed: filename is now properly decoded before saving
[/face]
Last edited by Bluestar on 2013-12-10, 10:19 UTC, edited 5 times in total.
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Hello Bluestar,

I found a bug when using the command line parameter /autostart. TU starts up, begins searching for updates and then displays the following dialog: Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window. After pressing the OK button (which is the only option), TU cannot be used anymore and has to be closed. It works fine without the CL parameter, however.

Regards, EricB
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Hi EricB,

Indeed there was really an error popping up in case one of "/autostart" or "/autostartdl" parameters were used, and "PrcMsgOnLoad" key has been set to "True" (or the utility has been started in safe mode) - thanks for reporting the issue!

Should be fixed in 0.8.6.1 (which is worth downloading, because the version detection has been improved a bit as well). :)

Regards,
Bluestar
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Hello Bluestar,

The new version solves the problem for both parameters /autostart and /autostartdl in combination with PrcMsgOnLoad=True. Everything runs fine now.

Thx and regards,

EricB
strawbeard

Wrong filename used for SynWrite plugin

Post by *strawbeard »

Hello Bluestar,

Tcupdater 0. 8.6.1 (database 2013-12-05) found a new version for lister plugin SynWrite http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/syn2.html. When I started the download I got an error for filename wlx_SynWrite.zip. The correct filename is SynWrite.rar. I've no idea where the incorrect filename comes from. I displayed the corresponding database entry using the menu item Modify database entry; it shows only the correct download address http://sourceforge.net/projects/synwrite/files/Release/SynWrite.rar/download.

Previous releases of Tcupdater (and database) had no problems updating SynWrite. The name of the installation file has always been SynWrite.rar.
Bluestar

Total Updater v0.8.6.2

Post by *Bluestar »

Hi strawbeard,

Thanks for noticing & reporting this issue (which has been caused by the recent modifications which allows TU to download files from SkyDrive and other multiple hosts as well - apperently it did broke the sourceforge.net dl mechanism).

It has just been fixed in a new version that only contains medicine for this specific problem.

Download | MD5 (exe): 764e99893d1e55027bbea868a53172fa

Regards,
Bluestar
strawbeard

Post by *strawbeard »

Bluestar - shining bright again! :lol: Thank you.
seb-
Location: DE\BN - only part time TC user after switching to Linux ;)

Post by *seb- »

Hi,

i set

[Configuration]
ProxyEnabled=True
ProxyAddress=127.0.0.1
ProxyPort=7070

but TU 0862 is ignoring it (can see it with wireshark...)

I quickly searched through this thread and it seesm that this should have already been fixed. is there something else to take care of?

I use Putty to Tunnel traffic via my home router, listening on 7070 as socks proxy.

br
seb-
Bluestar

Post by *Bluestar »

Hello seb-,

I've added some extra code to handle the SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 type of proxies as well (previously it was completely unsupported, only http proxy support was implemented). Could you please test if it works fine now using Total Updater 0.8.6.3 RC?

It is only necessary to add the "ProxyType=1" to your "[Configuration]" section of "TotalUpdater.ini".
(ProxyType=socks4 or ProxyType=socks5 should do the trick as well)

Regards,
Bluestar
seb-
Location: DE\BN - only part time TC user after switching to Linux ;)

Post by *seb- »

Bluestar wrote: Could you please test if it works fine now using Total Updater 0.8.6.3 RC?
Looks much better now. Cant see anymore HTTP traffic and TU seems to use the Proxy now.

Thank you so much!

TU has gotten so stable and useful by now. Thanks for this!
EricB

Post by *EricB »

Hi Bluestar,

Using TU 0.8.6.2 I suddenly got the error message: No internet connection / invalid proxy settings. I thought this had to do with my proxy settings, therefore I installed latest 0.8.6.3 RC, which showed the same result. Further investigation indicated that totalcmd.net website is currently offline. Maybe an idea to distinguish this from other connection problems?

Regards, EricB
Bluestar

Total Updater 0.8.6.4

Post by *Bluestar »

@strawbeard, @seb-:
You're welcome and thanks for trying it out, great to hear it works! :)

Hi EricB,
You're right, even though the proper message ("host not found") was defined in the language file it wasn't called for use, so a global "no internet connection / invalid proxy" message popped up in such cases.

A quickfix is already available to correct the issue (although I really hope we won't see this error that much... ^^ :)).
Edit: thanks for reporting and confirming the fix.

Regards,
Bluestar
Last edited by Bluestar on 2013-12-12, 13:28 UTC, edited 4 times in total.