[2 Bugs] Ctrl+Shift+'-' and 'Pack to ZIP' tooltip

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

[2 Bugs] Ctrl+Shift+'-' and 'Pack to ZIP' tooltip

Post by *Flint »

1. I'm not sure if this is bug of TC or of my device, but the Ctrl+Shift+'-' hotkey is not working properly. It shows the usual Select/Unselect files dialog. I have iPAQ 4150 device (PocketPC 2003 w/o keyboard).

2. When I connect to some FTP server the Pack button changes to the FTP Options. But when I tap&hold it, I get still the same tooltip as earlier: Pack to ZIP. It may be confusing for the users...

3. Suggestion about the FTP plugin: since it's impossible to work with 2 plugins at once, I think, it worths to show a warning when an FTP connection is active and the user tries to enter another plugin (e.g. Registry). This warning should ask if the user wants to stop working with FTP and close the connection; if the user answers 'Yes', then TC/CE should close the connection and return to the \\\ftp\ folder.[/b]

PS: I use the version 2.5pb2 now.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I'm not sure if this is bug of TC or of my device, but the Ctrl+Shift+'-' hotkey is not working properly.
Ctrl+Shift+'-' does not work as on the desktop TC. Currently only the normal select/unselect dialog is supported.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Maybe, it worths adding some alternative hotkey, like e.g. Ctrl+'='?
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think, it worths to show a warning when an FTP connection is active and the user tries to enter another plugin (e.g. Registry).
This shouldn't be necessary because you will be asked to reconnect if you switch back to the ftp plugin.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

This shouldn't be necessary because you will be asked to reconnect if you switch back to the ftp plugin.
Will it be implemented in the future or is it implemented already? Currently (in 2.5pb2) I don't have any question when I return to the first panel (where FTP session is opened).

And what about the wrong tooltip?

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

And what about the wrong tooltip?
I have put it on my list of things to check.
Currently (in 2.5pb2) I don't have any question when I return to the first panel (where FTP session is opened).
But is the connection restored when you do something on the server, e.g. change dirs?
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

But is the connection restored when you do something on the server, e.g. change dirs?
Ah, now I see. When I try to do anything, a dialog with properties appears; on pressing OK it reconnects and do the action I performed. Sorry, I didn't think that this dialog will allow to reconnect to the server. Maybe, it would be better if a simple message box asked the user if he wishes to reconnect or not?

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe, it would be better if a simple message box asked the user if he wishes to reconnect or not?
The problem is that the plugin displays the message box, not Total Commander Pocket! The plugin doesn't know anything about a reconnection, it just receives a request to open a specific directory...
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Hm... I didn't think about it. :( I thought in terms of desktop TC, where FTP is a built-in feature. :)

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can compare it with the WebDAV plugin on TC for the PC...
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Yes, I understand it now. :)
I didn't work with WebDAV (I just haven't ever met such servers :) ), but I see what you mean. Thanks for your explanations!