Separate tree view - comments

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Separate tree view - comments

Post by *roentgen »

I really don't like M$ way of centering the computer contents around the desktop. With them it's like C drive is a sub-folder of the desktop :P. And moreover I really don't understand why TC had to adopt such behaviour for its tree.

And while we're at it some thoughts:

1. a special ignore list (that affects only the tree), so I could 'ignore' the A:\ drive altogether or some sub-folder

2. ability to specify a number of virtual folders to appear at the same level with the drives.
Ex:

Code: Select all

My Computer
  + C:
  + D:
  + Desktop
  + My Documents
TC for Linux please!
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

My suggestions are nor bad nor good... :P.

Well... perhaps I'm the only anti-explorer-sick-way-of-thinking guy left...
TC for Linux please!
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

1. a special ignore list (that affects only the tree)
Well, you can already ignore ordinary folders in the sep tree, but it would be convenient to be able to hide drives and virtual folders in the sep tree. Support to that.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

1. a special ignore list (that affects only the tree), so I could 'ignore' the A:\ drive altogether or some sub-folder
Just use TweakUI for that... You can hide drives under My Computer -> Drives.
2. ability to specify a number of virtual folders to appear at the same level with the drives.
This is shell specific stuff. There is a power toy for doing that, the Shell Object Editor:
http://www.tropictech.de/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=5

After starting, just activate the Expert mode (rightclick), then you can for example move My Documents to My Computer.

If you are using XP, don't do that, instead use TweakUI and activate Files stored on this computer under My Computer. Otherwise Explorer and TC may crash as soon as you expand My Computer. I don't know why, though...

No matter what, do backups before playing with the editor! If something goes wrong, you have to edit the registry to fix errors and if you have no clue you will run into problems. You have been warned! ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
monotyp

Re: Separate tree view - comments

Post by *monotyp »

roentgen666 wrote:I really don't like M$ way of centering the computer contents around the desktop. With them it's like C drive is a sub-folder of the desktop :P.
you could do this by nlite for whole windows before install system ;] maybe there is another tool with this option.
i dont like it too.

best...
roentgen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *roentgen »

2monotyp
you could do this by nlite
Thanks. Actually I don't care how explorer looks or acts, I just don't understand why TC had to copy such a bad behaviour, and why isn't it configurable.
This affected both the old style trees ('Ctrl+F8') and the new ones ('Ctrl+Shift+F8'). Sad...
TC for Linux please!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

1. will be changed.
2. thanks for giving a sh**, it's noted.

Icfu
This account is for sale