Filesystem plugin problem

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Filesystem plugin problem

Post by *deus-ex »

With TC v6.5x i used to open the filesystem plugin Services which lists all available Windows system services along with their current state (running/stopped). Then i marked all entries, called the "Pack files" dialog (Alt+F5), selected Christian Ghislers packer plugin Makebat and ~packed~ the entries into a list, so i could easily compare it to an older list.

Since TC v7.0x i'm not able to do this anymore because now TC autoenables the option "Create separate Archives, one per File" and makes it unaccessable (greyed out) and when trying to execute the pack command an error message is shown "Function not supported!". Only for single selected entries i'm able to do the procedure described above.

Same behaviour is true for any other filesystem plugin (e.g. Registry, Taskmanager) with the Makebat plugin. The problem is the autoselection of "Create separate Archive..." and the inability to disable it. For normal file folders the behaviour is similar, i.e. the option "Create separate Archive..." gets autoenabled as well when multiple files are selected, which TC didn't used to do in the previous v6.x versions. Though here i'm allowed to disable "Create separate Archive..." again, at last.

Question is, is this a bug or intended? If it is intended i'd like an option do revert its behaviour to the previous state as known in TC v6.x.

_______
Regards,
deus-ex
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

Sorry cant confirm this under winxp pro sp2 :!:
Perhaps you have an AHK script running :?:
Hoecker sie sind raus!
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Sir_SiLvA wrote:Perhaps you have an AHK script running :?:
Same OS, no AHK here. Note that i said it works with TC v6.5x. Since you reported to have no problems i'm going to retry with a vanilla install just to make sure.

_______
Regards,
deus-ex
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Not confirmed here, either.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

Got it! :P

Manually installed TC v6.55a into a second folder and copied over all plugins and settings from TC v7.0b2. Makebat-plugin worked as expected.

Then did a second manuall install of TC v7.0b2 using vanilla files and removed ALL entries from wincmd.ini but a few necessities like ini-path, desktop resolution, layout setup. Only left in one FS-plugin entry for Services and one Packer-plugin entry for Makebat. Makebat still wouldn't work. Then i got an idea.

Guess what, the Packerflag value for the Makebat-plugin was 257 (256=hide packer icon, 1=can create new archive). Setting it to 261 (added 4=archive can contain multiple files) fixed it. So i got fooled by TC because all previous versions managed to somehow ignore the ~faulty~ setting which i did set by myself btw. *pats himself proudly on the shoudler*

Thank you Hacker and Sir_SiLvA.
Though you didn't do much, it ment enough to me to get suspicious. And there's nothing more rewarding than pulling yourself out of the sh*censored*. :D

Thats one ~bug~ down, sir!

_______
Regards,
deus-selfmade-ex
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

the Packerflag value for the Makebat-plugin was 257 (256=hide packer icon, 1=can create new archive). Setting it to 261
My setting, which I have never changed myself is 279
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

petermad wrote:My setting, which I have never changed myself is 279
Yeah, but it does not support the options dialog (it has its own showing up upon execution) and neither is it able to modify existing ~archives~, it rather prompts to overwrite.

_______
Regards,
deus-ex