Total Commander CE/Pocket 2.5 public beta 3 is now available to everyone. You can download it from the links below.
Windows Vista users: You need to install the Mobile Device Center 6.1 or later first to be able to install any programs to mobile devices!
So what's new?
- New icons from TC7/Win now also in the Pocket version!
- FTP: Follow symlinks on double click
- Fixed cursor and action key problems with tree on WM5 devices
- Change attributes no longer worked correctly
- Resizing of properties dialog when switching between portrait and landscape mode
- Let the user choose smaller icon sizes: 8x8,12x12,16x16 pixels on QVGA devices, 16x16,24x24,32x32 on VGA
- Large icon view: Also support half size icons
- Let the user choose between horizontal and vertical icon arrangement in 2 window mode
- See historyce.txt
1. For PocketPC/PocketPC phone. These are usually devices with 320x240 or 640x480 resolution, a touchscreen, the start menu at the top, and the program menu at the bottom.
ARM/XSCALE processor (most users will need this):
SH3 or MIPS processor:
2. For Windows CE handhelds/older Windows CE devices. These usually have the start menu at the bottom, and the program menu at the TOP. Supports ARM, MIPS, SH3, SH4.
3. For Windows Smartphone 2002/2003. These do NOT have a touchscreen, but a normal numeric phone keyboard.
The CAB files can be downloaded from:
The language files need to be updated too in this case - the web page accessible via the settings menu has been updated.
Note that the phone version is NOT signed, so you will need an unlocked phone to use it.
Please report bugs here in the forum, one bug per message. Or contact me by e-mail (beta at ghisler dot com).