seperator toggle

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bstabber

seperator toggle

Post by *bstabber »

is there a way to bind a key to toggle window seperator to go from 100 percent to 50/50 and back? i use one pane to browse, but ofcourse i want two when copy. now i use this:
[Shortcuts]
C+S=cm_50percent

and just use the mouse to drag it back ...but i want to use the keyboard :/
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

A way to save (and restore via cm_) several Window-settings would be indeed very handy.
I'd never used 100% for browsing un my normal maschine but I use very often 20-80 (or 80-20) in combination with quick-view (Ctrl-Q). These settings are only saved for one session.
I'd love to have
cm_SaveWindowSettings1 - cm_LoadWindowSettings1
cm_SaveWindowSettings2 - cm_LoadWindowSettings2
cm_SaveWindowSettings3 - cm_LoadWindowSettings3
plus cm_LoadLastUsedWindowSetting (for swapping back after loading a spesific windowsetting), cm_SaveNewWindowSetting and cm_SaveCurrendWindowSetting (overwride the last loaded setting)

This could be a very powerful feature. My Idea:
cm_SaveNewWindowSetting pops up a dialog asking what should be saved (checkboxes):
*) Window-position
*) position of panel-seperator
*) source-path
*) target-path
*) all left tabs
*) all right tabs
*) ... ?
This creates a section [WindowSetting<n>] with key following the rules the user has set before. If for ex. only the position of the panel-seperator was checked, the only entry is "PanelSeperator=f%"
cm_LoadWindowSetting<n> should apply only the settings stored in the [WindowSetting<n>]-Section. If there is only said "PanelSeperator=80%" nothing more is done then setting the seperator to 80% (and cm_SaveCurrendWindowSetting only updates this value).

I know that most of this is already possible (exept from window-position and seperator != 50%) but this is spread over a dozen differend commands (and because TC doesn't support makros(yet?) you have to use5 actions in stead of one). With this system one could easyly apply a whole setting with one keystroke!