TC 7.04a column text alignment

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Maccara

TC 7.04a column text alignment

Post by *Maccara »

Hi,

There's a resizing bug at least with "size" column contents alignment.

Picture is worth a thousand words:

edit: ok, can't post images, it seems - easy to figure out by just browsing files with bigger size and resizing "size" column.

As you can see, resizing "size" column has no affect whatsoever on alignment of the byte count in that column resulting in overlap with the "ext" column. You have to resize "ext" column to "remove" that overlap (not really, just makes the "ext" column big enough for the text not to overlap).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You have to move the delimiter between the ext and size column!

If you don't like this, use a custom columns view.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Maccara

Post by *Maccara »

ghisler(Author) wrote:You have to move the delimiter between the ext and size column!

If you don't like this, use a custom columns view.
Ah, ok, so this is a known bug.

And resizing the "ext" column is exactly how I solved this, but it still of course looks wrong as the contents overlap the delimiter boundaries and that's why I reported this (just in case it was not known).

I'll take a look at the custom columns view (haven't played around with that one yet - just purchased this a couple of days ago and still getting to know the ins and outs).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Ah, ok, so this is a known bug.
No, it is NOT a bug! It's the only way you can change both the distance between ext and size, AND between size and time!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Maccara

Post by *Maccara »

ghisler(Author) wrote:No, it is NOT a bug! It's the only way you can change both the distance between ext and size, AND between size and time!
Played around with the column resizings, and I now understand what you mean. Basically, works in "reverse" (not really, but I can't think of a better expression for the moment - English is not my first language).

Works well enough (although with slight inconsistencies, IMO, especially when comparing how it is usually implemented as boundaries/field length, which is not the case here but field separation instead).

Still happy with my purchase, so no worries. ;)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to the English forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.