Small bug? - directory named as %variable%

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

gigaman

Small bug? - directory named as %variable%

Post by *gigaman »

Hello!

By a pure coincidence, I found a small problem today (not related to version 6.0, it has been present before).
If I create a directory called %TEMP% and copy some files inside, it's not possible to start them - I only get "File not found" message. The same behavior occurrs for any other existing environment variable name (i.e. it doesn't have to be only %TEMP%). I would guess the directory name is passed to ExpandEnvironmentStrings() mistakenly, or something like that.
Well, it's not very usual, to have this kind of directory names, so it's not a big problem really :)

My OS is Windows 98 SE.

Also, the problem with disappearing files in Ctrl+B listing is still present in version 6...

To have some good news as well - the operations on files (such as Unpack and Execute) in PK_CAPS_BY_CONTENT-type of packer plugins work now!

A great piece of work for sure!
Thanks!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This isn't a bug - now uses environment variable expansion almost everywhere, so it's not a good idea to call a directory %TEMP%.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
gigaman

Post by *gigaman »

Well, I wasn't trying to say that it's a good idea - it may certainly cause problems when referenced from command-line or .bat/.cmd. Just that Explorer doesn't have any problems running it by (double)clicking the file.

OK, it's not a big deal anyway.