Back / Forward and directory tabs

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

interDist

Back / Forward and directory tabs

Post by *interDist »

Hi,

first of all I have to say very big thank you to Christian on his work and this very enriched 6.0 release. Thumbs up! =!
it should be a hand with a thumb :lol: like this

I would like to point out something that pretty annoyes me during working with the new directory tabs: evidently, the navigation history stays common to all tabs (as it was prior to their introduction, that is only one history per side). Thus of course while moving back and forth (alt+<-, alt+->) the directory changes regardless of the tab I'm currently at, even if after creating it I navigated nowhere from its current directory.

I think that the history has to be local to the tabs and each tab will have its own list of visited paths - much like in a web browser. Perhaps there should be a check box in the tabs configuration dialog, allowing the user to merge histories of all tabs on a particular side but the default behaviour has to be distinct lists remembered.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2interDist

I support the "web browser"-like tabs suggestion. I already suggested this behavior in the german forum: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2097
It's good to hear that I'm not the only one who has problems with the current tab system.
WatchUer

Post by *WatchUer »

I've been thought that the history list belonged to the current tab. May it will be.
BobJuner

Post by *BobJuner »

Lefteous wrote:2interDist

I support the "web browser"-like tabs suggestion. I already suggested this behavior in the german forum: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=2097
It's good to hear that I'm not the only one who has problems with the current tab system.
I completely second that.
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Yes, I'm for it too.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!