One feature already asked for CTL D , now asked for TAB !

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nicol

One feature already asked for CTL D , now asked for TAB !

Post by *nicol »

One feature already asked for CTL D and user menu , now asked for TAB !

When changing from directory to another via user menu , CTL D or TAB feature , it should be (i think i asked it several yars ago !) better to be able to configure the sort (by size , by name etc.) and maybe the display (vertical or horizontal windows) for each separate directory !

What do you think about ? (also Mr Ghisler)

thanks in advance

Christian
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

I'm not sure if I understand you well but sorting IS preserved separately for folder tabs.

Unfortunately custom filters (eg. *.dbf) are common for whole TC not for the current tab only.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
nicol

Post by *nicol »

What are you standing for IS ???

What i'm saying is :
for example on the left windows i open "c:\windows " directory , by default it is sorted by size and now i change to "c:\wincmd" by default it will be displayed by size too!!

I would have the capability in "user menu" , in CTL D list and in the tab feature to have the directories i choose already sorted as i want :

for example on the left windows i open "c:\windows " directory , sorted by size and now i change to "c:\wincmd" sorted by name !!

Do you understand ?

christian
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Yes, I think I see. It's just much more than I need now(although I think your idea could be also useful for me).
I just thought about it from my point of view - now, I'm happy that in one folder tab I can have one folder sorted by name, and in the second another foldder sorted by size. It's enough for me.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Coco

Post by *Coco »

edited... to avoid further problem.

Actually you can already choose different sorting by tab. (I know this is not what you want but meanwhile ....)
Last edited by Coco on 2003-11-26, 11:12 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Alain
nicol

Post by *nicol »

I dont understand why you answer this , i only ask for a sort option for an existing feature not a complete change , the option will not change anything for you so please don't write you are against a modification for me !

It's completly crazy !

In all forum , there are so many modifications asked i don't care , that's right anybody has reasons for , i don't write "no change..."

in french "de quoi j'me mêle"

christian
Coco

Post by *Coco »

Just to make it clear I never said that I was against it just that I won't like this. Totally different to me.

And then
I know this is not what you want but meanwhile .... (meanwhile = en attendant - donc je ne suis pas contre)
Alain
nicol

Post by *nicol »

You are not against but you don't want it , i will buy a belgium dictionnary , i don't understand !!

When somebody ask for an option (just an option) , i don't care !!
If it suits me , i say it in opposite i say nothing !

By definition an option if you don't use it it doesn't change anything so why do you take position in this case !!
Understand i ask this for many years and Mr Ghisler didn't answer clearly so i wait for user help not for this king of comments !

regards

cn
jb

Re: One feature already asked for CTL D , now asked for TAB

Post by *jb »

nicol wrote:When changing from directory to another via user menu , CTL D or TAB feature , it should be (i think i asked it several yars ago !) better to be able to configure the sort (by size , by name etc.) and maybe the display (vertical or horizontal windows) for each separate directory !
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but it seems to me that your request could be satisfied by extending the TC-internal CD comand in a way that it would be possible to specify not only the directory, but optionally also the sort order, the view type, the filter etc. The same options could be added to an internal DIR command too.

These ideas were already discussed in the following topics:
nicol

Post by *nicol »

Thanks for your support !

i'm TC user from 1.3 (if i remember well) and i ask this feature for at least 5 or 6 years.
For sure it could be through "cd" command and then use it in the user menu (each feature using the cd command) and now extend it to tab feature which is a good evolution.

We wait now for Mr Ghisler position ! (please !)

Christian