Small inconsistency (intentional perhaps) with the .. button

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Small inconsistency (intentional perhaps) with the .. button

Post by *wanderer »

When i.e. you are in the root of C:, when you click [..] in the files list, it transfers you to "My Computer" (if this feature is enabled in prefs). When you click on the ".." button in the bar where the drive combobox exists, it doesn't go to "My Computer". Christian, is this intentional? Shouldn't it go up?
Last edited by wanderer on 2003-12-01, 09:00 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Coco

Post by *Coco »

Why not also configure that this button always redirect to my computer (at the root level off course) even when the [..] is not showed in the files list.
Alain
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

2wanderer

I already addressed this issue in the thread Wish TC6.0: "Show parent dir also in root of drive"

Another thing. I think the Subject of your message does not describe the contents of your post very well (Forum rule 9). Maybe we can agree to improve the quality of this forum?
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

white wrote:Another thing. I think the Subject of your message does not describe the contents of your post very well (Forum rule 9). Maybe we can agree to improve the quality of this forum?
Ok, perhaps i could have said "Small inconsistency (intentional perhaps) with the [..] button" or something similar. I always try to be specific but sometimes it just doesn't happen. I'm only human you know... :)
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

wanderer wrote:I always try to be specific but sometimes it just doesn't happen.
Me 2. Do you know you can edit the title of your thread afterwards? Just edit your original message and change the Subject.